AFS 10.5" wheels...

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Anybody have them on their 03' Cobra? I've been wanting them, but heard they are not the right offset. Anybody have a idea of what offset I should need?

If anyone does have them, do they look somewhat deeper than the stock 9" wheels?

Pics would be great if someone has them.:thumbsup:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by new2BIGPAR
Anybody have them on their 03' Cobra?

Yes, you should use the search funtion. There are a couple dozen threads already on this subject.

I've been wanting them, but heard they are not the right offset.

That depends on what brand/size tire you want to run.

Anybody have a idea of what offset I should need?

If you're getting AFS, they only have one size offset.

If anyone does have them, do they look somewhat deeper than the stock 9" wheels?

Yes, they look exactly 1.5 inches deeper!
:lol:
All kidding aside, they do look deeper...

Pics would be great if someone has them.:thumbsup:

OK

wheel1.jpg
nittos.jpg

U.M.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Thank you...

Sorry bout not searching, but I was getting ready for work right before I posted it and was hoping when I got back from work in the morning that people would have given me some info and some pics.

If you have a pic of of the wheel at a angle could you post it. I'm just curious what they look like.

I've got my flame suit on if you decide to give me a hard time.;-)

BTW, what size tire is that?

Last edited:

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
slythetove, thanks for the search link. It helped me out alot.:thumbsup:

Bingo, thanks for the extra pics!:-D

I think I have finally made me decesion to purchase these wheels.

One more thing...I noticed a couple threads about spacers. I don't need those do I?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Depends on the tire you are going to mount on them. Undy needed them for the 315 BFG K/Ds. I wouldn't recommend them, however. Undy broke off some studs as a result of using them.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
I'm planning on using 315/35 street tires on these AFS wheels. IMO these cars should have had these wheels on the back from the factory or at least wider than 9". I don't do a whole lot of street racing, just you usual run on the highway every once in a while. I'll be putting DR's on OEM's for the track.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
new2BIG - I did assume you wanted to run 315/35s on them. It depends on what 315/35. Some are wider than others. For example, the section width of the Nitto 555R 315 is 12.13", whereas for the BFG K/D's, it's 12.6". Dunlop SP8000s 315s have a section width of 12.4". So that's what I meant by, depends on the tire. You won't need a spacer with the NItto or Dunlops, but with the BFG's, you will. Happy tire hunting!

boostedsnake

Established Member
Originally posted by Black2003Cobra
new2BIG - I did assume you wanted to run 315/35s on them. It depends on what 315/35. Some are wider than others. For example, the section width of the Nitto 555R 315 is 12.13", whereas for the BFG K/D's, it's 12.6". Dunlop SP8000s 315s have a section width of 12.4". So that's what I meant by, depends on the tire. You won't need a spacer with the NItto or Dunlops, but with the BFG's, you will. Happy tire hunting!

Hey Black2003Cobra, does this mean thant we don't need the button head bolt neither (if the tires used on the AFS 10.5 are 315/35/17 Nottos or the Dunlop SP8000s but not the BFG KD's)?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
boosted - You won't have to change the IRS bolt with the Nittos or Dunlops. Randy ran the Dunlops w/o changing the bolt and said there was no problem. The only issue would be if you got airborn. Since the Nittos are even narrower, you're fine with those, also. Bingo13 is running Yoko 315's w/o any spacers or a button head.

boostedsnake

Established Member
boosted - You won't have to change the IRS bolt with the Nittos or Dunlops. Randy ran the Dunlops w/o changing the bolt and said there was no problem. The only issue would be if you got airborn. Since the Nittos are even narrower, you're fine with those, also. Bingo13 is running Yoko 315's w/o any spacers or a button head.

Hey Black2003Cobra, when compared to a stock 03 ride height, do u or any one else know how much travel that there is before the tire make contact w/the IRS bolt?........my car's about 1.6-1.8 lower in the rear than stock, from the ground to the fender about 27".

Last edited:

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Okay, so what is the widest section width I can go with and be safe? Is this gonna hamper my plans on lowering the car too?

These Nitto's you talk about, are they the DR's everyone is using? I wasn't planning on using DR's on the AFS wheels. Even though it did cross my mind since I have seen some prices of street tires of the Nitto DR's.

Bingo13

Established Member

I am using the button head bolt now as the car seems to be on the lift more times than not. ;-) I have a couple of mods left to make in the rear suspension next week and then I will go to the stock bolt with a shaved head pattern. I did not have any issues with the stock bolt and the Yoko 315s. They have a 12.6" section width like the KDs but I never once experienced any rubbing issues except when the car was on the lift. My car is lowered 1.5" in the rear. If you like taking the car airborne or think it will happen then you need to go a different direction regarding the wheel or tire choice.

Users who are viewing this thread