AFS 18" 03 wheels on RedFire?

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Anyone have a pic of AFS 18" wheels on a RedFire? Chrome or polished aluminum - either is fine. I have been thinking about getting these wheels, but I would like to see what they look like. If you have trouble posting a pic, PM me. Thanks. :beer:

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Hey thanks. :beer:

Did you get them on e-bay? If you did, would you mind telling me what you paid. You can PM me with the price you'd rather not post it.

jrh99

Established Member
If the weathers nice tomorrow I might put mine on.

Praying for sun.:beer:

MightyMo

Established Member
I got em on ebay

ended up winning an auction for AFS 18x9 and 18x10.5 polished rims and decided I wanted chrome..

AFS was very nice about the whole change my mind thing and said for an additional $200 I could upgrade to chrome. The total went to $646 with the chrome upgrade.

Got to thinking about how crappy the wheel and tire places are around here and decided to buy four Kuomo tires as well. 315's on the back.
Free mounting and balancing with $125 for shipping and insurance

total $1700 and change

lifter213

Established Member
if you do a search there is a picture of a redfire cobra with the afs 18" chrome wheels on here somewhere because i've seen it before.

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by lifter213
if you do a search there is a picture of a redfire cobra with the afs 18" chrome wheels on here somewhere because i've seen it before.

Thanks. I tried to do a search earlier but the site wouldn't let me that is why I posted. Search is now working. I've seen the 17" wheels on the Redfire, but not a good pic of the 18s.

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by Mustangscotty
I got em on ebay

ended up winning an auction for AFS 18x9 and 18x10.5 polished rims and decided I wanted chrome..

AFS was very nice about the whole change my mind thing and said for an additional $200 I could upgrade to chrome. The total went to $646 with the chrome upgrade.

Got to thinking about how crappy the wheel and tire places are around here and decided to buy four Kuomo tires as well. 315's on the back.

total $1700 and change

Thanks, that sounds great. Let us know how it all fits when you get them on and be sure and post a pic. :beer:

lifter213

Established Member
Ok i found the thread with the pictures in it but its a torch red not redfire. I hope the owner doesnt mind me posting these pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Mustangscotty
I got em on ebay

total $1700 and change

I went with the Kuhmos & they are great.
24PSI for the 18x10.5 & i get no more wheel hop & today was a good day at the track. Track was nice, but either way the tires hooked up pretty good.

Kuhmo MX series....better then my stock F1's.

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Maybe a stupid question but are the AFS 10.5's backspaced correctly so that you don't need a 7/32" spacer. Thanks

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraNHYEE
Maybe a stupid question but are the AFS 10.5's backspaced correctly so that you don't need a 7/32" spacer. Thanks

NOT a stupid question, all depends on what tires u get.

Bingo has tried so many various tires & rims, but he hasnt reported any problems. I personally dont have any trouble.

The only thing that gets me worried is going up a driveway. U can feel the back tire being so extended that its off the ground. When the suspension is fully lifted. thats when the IRS BOLT is an issue.

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
NOT a stupid question, all depends on what tires u get.

Bingo has tried so many various tires & rims, but he hasnt reported any problems. I personally dont have any trouble.

The only thing that gets me worried is going up a driveway. U can feel the back tire being so extended that its off the ground. When the suspension is fully lifted. thats when the IRS BOLT is an issue.

Sorry if I just couldn't find this, but what size/brand tires do you have on the 18" wheels. Thanks.

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
OK, I think I have one more question. I looked at your pics and your wheels are not the chromies - are they the polished aluminum or the machined with silver cut outs. I wanted to stay as stock looking as possible, but I have not been able to find the machined with silver cut outs on auction at e-bay. Thanks again for all the help.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by NorCalRedfire
OK, I think I have one more question. I looked at your pics and your wheels are not the chromies - are they the polished aluminum or the machined with silver cut outs. I wanted to stay as stock looking as possible, but I have not been able to find the machined with silver cut outs on auction at e-bay. Thanks again for all the help.

Q's & A's...thats why this forum's so cool :beer:

Wanted the stock look & used the SVT Emblems as well. Its called machined look.

But if u put another Cobra next to the car u can totally tell the rims arent stock but only we know that ;-)

hum no machine look in E-bay? Not sure if AFS is doing that or not but be patient bro. Some folks in this forum have gotten some real good buys on them.

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Thanks. :beer:

Patience has always been my problem. I just sent an e-mail to afs to see if they would sell me a package deal at a discount instead of going through e-bay. We'll see what they say.

I couldn't tell from your pics that the wheels weren't stock. They look real sweet. :thumbsup:

Appreciate all the help.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by NorCalRedfire
Thanks. :beer:

Patience has always been my problem. I just sent an e-mail to afs to see if they would sell me a package deal at a discount instead of going through e-bay. We'll see what they say.

I couldn't tell from your pics that the wheels weren't stock. They look real sweet. :thumbsup:

Appreciate all the help.

I hear u bro. .... lets just say im very upset at my self right now.
Trying to make back all my money i won.

AFS is going to be a bit expensive going direct to them...they wanted 350 for the 18x10.5 each. They will reply ur e-mail pretty quick.

Yeah for the folks that dont know our cars its just looks like some big fat tires on the back ;-)

Put it up to a stock rim on an 03Cobra u can tell.

Oh on the Kuhmos last night it was real good. Think that the track was prepped better but got my best time at the track :)

12.89 corrected time....learning how to drive my car still :bash: wish i was gifted lol.

Users who are viewing this thread