After 1 yr as Terminator owners... had a thoughts..

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
One year from now i buyed my basic bolt ons Terminator. I realized since that i blew the thermostatic fan, the Frps and now the Alternator. The last 2 are pretty common from what i read here. I also think about the Diff leak, The poor stock bushing etc etc. Is all those are problem of a misconception by Ford even for the stock Cobra or they become an issue after the bolt on??

What do you think guys?

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The rear diff leak is caused by not running an IRS cover brace...it is a poor design to begin with and wouldn't really handle the stock power so it only gets worse with more.

Don't EVEN get me started about the IRS bushing durometer hardness. I don't know who was smoking what that day; but I hope they're fired or putting together wiper blades in Siberia.

The alternators are known for failing; but I've seen them go OVER 120k with no issue as well...seems hit/miss; but they're not super reliable across the board either.

FRPS failure seems to happen a lot more when the car has been revved to the fuel shut off. Not awfully common; but I'd still carry a spare.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
There are, alot of problems with this car, but
its just too damn sexy.

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
The rear diff leak is caused by not running an IRS cover brace...it is a poor design to begin with and wouldn't really handle the stock power so it only gets worse with more.

Don't EVEN get me started about the IRS bushing durometer hardness. I don't know who was smoking what that day; but I hope they're fired or putting together wiper blades in Siberia.

The alternators are known for failing; but I've seen them go OVER 120k with no issue as well...seems hit/miss; but they're not super reliable across the board either.

FRPS failure seems to happen a lot more when the car has been revved to the fuel shut off. Not awfully common; but I'd still carry a spare.

good resumee here!

KB04Cobra

You're STILL gonna LOSE
Established Member
English isn't your first language is it? :burn:
Just Kidding. No car is perfect. But remember it is a ford, so it's gonna have probs. :lol1:
Seriously, there are alot of other high performance cars out there that have alot more frequent problems then ours. :beer:

Avenger

Established Member
Just Kidding. No car is perfect. But remember it is a ford, so it's gonna have probs. :lol1:
Seriously, there are alot of other high performance cars out there that have alot more frequent problems then ours. :beer:

Hey, don't go picking on my fellow French Canadian !! Some of us would put the english writing skills of many Americans to shame. :D

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Hey, don't go picking on my fellow French Canadian !! Some of us would put the english writing skills of many Americans to shame. :D

I agree...

It disgusts me, but we can't put all the blame on lousy U.S. school systems because a lot of it is just due to laziness

Even with the entire world at their fingertips, many of today's students can't seem to grasp the concept of self-education

Last edited:

Deftones

Established Member
I have all ready had my rear diff cover resealed. It started leaking after only 13,000 miles and she is good to go so far with only 16,500 miles now.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
All pretty standard issues with the Term, also look for some problems from the throwout bearing eventually.

divided

Established Member
Ive had mine for exactly a year yesterday. Bought it at 28k miles its now at 44k. Not a single issue *knock on wood*. Ive ran it hard plenty of times as well. But have also maintained it meticuously.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
It's been a little over 6 years since I walked into dealer and placed the order for mine to be built, even though I had never even seen the car in person

Two weeks later, I ran into a local member of the automotive press who had gotten one of the pre-production units and I finally saw one

It was Zinc Yellow and I knew instantly that I'd made a good choice, although I did have a hard time deciding on color and changed order twice :lol1:

I've been very lucky with mine and only problem I can think of is diff leaks

It has original fan, alternator and FRPS, even though I frequently override cooling fan to high speed and have bounced it off the limiter more times than I can remember

What little wheelhop I had was eliminated (above 40*F) by FLSFC, drag radials and Kenny Brown springs even though it still has all stock bushings (1.7 60 ft)

T56 wasn't very smooth but Liberty's Gears took care of that :coolman:

Last edited:

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member

Of course it's not and im not shy of it, im doing my best to learn your language, im not bad but there s some room for improvement,, Tx for the JUST KIDDING!:beer: You should see me when im preparing myself to call at lethalperformance or discounttiredirect, im nervous as hell cause of the language... but in the end my order is Ok and everybody is happy!

Last edited:

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
And yes i undertstand that every cars as their flaws, i was just wondering if all my badluck in a year was normal.

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Ive had mine for exactly a year yesterday. Bought it at 28k miles its now at 44k. Not a single issue *knock on wood*. Ive ran it hard plenty of times as well. But have also maintained it meticuously.

No issue here........ i noticed you re at stock boost isnt it?

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I have a laundry list of problems I have fixed in the last year that makes me wonder why I haven't sold mine yet. Right now she is running perfect. *knocks on wood* I drive mine like an old lady also.

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Yes. For now. Im waiting out these gas prices before a do any more performance mods. A pulley isnt going to help that, lol.

I feel you pain Bro about the gas price, 1.45$ a liter here in Canada, with the conversion i think its 50 cents more than you for a gallon.:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread