After 2 years, its finally running. Some vids.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
A two year project involving a sportsman built 331 stroker/ported and polished AFR heads/cammed w/ 8.5:1 boost friendly compression. N/A as of now. Motor is untuned with less than 100 miles.

At idle with a rev

That made a baby in a stroller cry that was being pushed down the sidewalk...(commentary via Doveman)...
commentary/idle

Race 1: Doveman gets the jump, I quickly real in and start to pass, but miss the 3rd gear.
race 1

Ran into a Ferrari on the turnaround, but Doveman ducked out...
ferrari

Last One: A good start is had. Doveman makes the same mistake i did before...
race 2

The GT in the vids has all the bolt-ons but heads/cams. He says he's a low 13 sec car, so on a good day i may be able to hit high 12's, which is more than I expected for 8.5:1 compression.

Vids courtesy of Tony (BLK_03).

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Nice vids man did you miss a gear in your first race ? :nono: :shrug: :dw:

Last edited:

blownco

BLOWN 95 COBRA
Established Member
Damn bro that thing sounds nasty what are the specs on the motor and u need quicktime to watch them

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
blownco said:
Damn bro that thing sounds nasty what are the specs on the motor and u need quicktime to watch them

Yea, you need QuickTime

Specs:
Motorsport sportsman block 331 stroker
Forged internals, 8.5:1 compression
AFR 185 CNC ported heads
Ported GT40 intake
Crane Gold 1.6 RR
Custom Comp Cams cam (specs below)
BBK 1 3/4 LT headers
Dr. Gas o/r x

Cam:
Advertised duration- .294/.302
Duration @ .050- .232/.240
Lift .563/.584 112 lobe separation

Those are the basics. If you want ALL the specs (internals) I can PM them to you. Its a long list.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Scream'nCobra said:
Yea, you need QuickTime

Specs:
Motorsport sportsman block 331 stroker
Forged internals, 8.5:1 compression
AFR 185 CNC ported heads
Ported GT40 intake
Crane Gold 1.6 RR
Custom Comp Cams cam (specs below)
BBK 1 3/4 LT headers
Dr. Gas o/r x

Cam:
Advertised duration- .294/.302
Duration @ .050- .232/.240
Lift .563/.584 112 lobe separation

Those are the basics. If you want ALL the specs (internals) I can PM them to you. Its a long list.

Looks like you got plans for a s/c with some big boost yeah?

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Initially planned for a big turbo with 18+ psi, but with the power I am seeing n/a, i might find a cheap S-trim and run as much psi as it can handle until i can afford the turbo.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Scream'nCobra said:
Initially planned for a big turbo with 18+ psi, but with the power I am seeing n/a, i might find a cheap S-trim and run as much psi as it can handle until i can afford the turbo.

ahhhh why ? :shrug: You can buy the hot/cold parts from PTK for next to nothing vs the S trim. slap a T76 on that thing and be done with it.

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
04Mystic said:
ahhhh why ? :shrug: You can buy the hot/cold parts from PTK for next to nothing vs the S trim. slap a T76 on that thing and be done with it.

You're saying I can find a T76 and everything i need to make it work for the same amount or less than a cheap S-trim?

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Scream'nCobra said:
You're saying I can find a T76 and everything i need to make it work for the same amount or less than a cheap S-trim?

Im saying check out PTK they have been selling the hot and cold parts meaning headers DP and all the cold piping for less then 2k. then you have to find the turbo and wastegates/BOVs as you could afford them. why waste the money on one thing when you can use it for what you want on something else? JMO tho.

EDIT heres a link to the hot parts only http://www.proturbokits.com/store/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=106 The hard work is done for you. it aint shit to make your own cold parts by yourself. plus you will need a IC...dunno why they dont list the cold parts anymore :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread