I just had lidio install and tune a 2.9 whipple on my 04

it made a best of 624 rwhp and 540 rwtq

though it was pretty cool outside. you won't be disappointed get it done:beer:

quad

Established Member
I just had lidio install and tune a 2.9 whipple on my 04

it made a best of 624 rwhp and 540 rwtq

though it was pretty cool outside. you won't be disappointed get it done:beer:
Awesome! I am assuming that's with pump gas?

I have decided to go with E85 and had to ditch the budget return system and go with the 1200 HP return system. I am waiting for this kit and the Killer Chiller Kit and then I should be all set to have it installed. Lidio's shop looks clean with lots of space and I am confident he will do a good job. There were two black terminators there when I stopped by. I don't recall seeing your Mystichrome. Perhaps it was on one of the lifts.

My Cobra is already a beast as is with just a Bassani Catback and the mods in my sig. It is making about 400 RWHP right now. I can't imagine what the car will be like with all the mods running on E85. It will be a frickin monster! I am honestly hoping for 750 RWHP now but I know Lidio would rather go with a safer tune. We'll have to wait and see.

quad

Established Member
Guys, the Cobra is done. Thanks for all the input. The car ended up making 703.3 RWHP ad 607.5 TQ with E85.

Here is the full thread on the makeover...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/900584-cobra-done.html

8271874874_8f7f03a116_b.jpg

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Quad,

Do the fenders look better rolled? I know most doing the rolling to accmmodate for larger tires, what about looks?

quad

Established Member
Quad,

Do the fenders look better rolled? I know most doing the rolling to accmmodate for larger tires, what about looks?

Before I started I looked at my rear fenders and from the factory they were not that smooth. I could see dimples and wrinkles before starting. Now this is all not noticeable when viewing the car from the exterior. You could only see it when looking up at the fender from below.

I was not too aggressive with the rolling and just bent the fender up at an angle a bit. It was then blended out as it came down so it is not that noticeable. I think looks wise it is fine. Even if you were to roll it all the way over you would not notice it from the outside. In fact, I think you can actually improve on the factory fender by selectively rolling and blending in areas that had wrinkles. As 04sleeper suggested you have to gradually break in the fender. That is exactly what I did and I used the heat gun a lot. My paint showed no signs of cracking. At first I could feel the fender lip resisted bending so I was very careful in the beginning. Then gradually it started to become easier to work with. I did it in 60 degree weather. Unless your garage is heated it would be too cold now I think to try it without running into issues with the paint.

Here is a closeup of the rolled fender and you can see it taper out into the factory lip as it comes down.

8321808797_ff75dbff01_b.jpg

Blksnke

Established Member
thinking of upgrading my blower also just telling the wife just going to make it look better with a chrome one. just won't let her know how fast :)

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Yes you can see a difference in your fender pictured. Like you said you would only see it from the underside or a small portion thereof looking from the side of the car. I guess you would have to know what you are looking for.

quad

Established Member
Yes you can see a difference in your fender pictured. Like you said you would only see it from the underside or a small portion thereof looking from the side of the car. I guess you would have to know what you are looking for.

Yes. Someone looking for it would notice. I will take more pictures once it gets warmer from another angle to compare with stock.

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
Nice ride! I have the same color but a 10th anniversary one. I am gonna have lid tune mine in a few weeks. Do you still have the fender roller? I may need to roll mine. I will pay a fee if ncessary . Thanks
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread