After market stereos what y'all running

LDC2335

Established Member
Pioneer deh-7100bt

front-6x8 fosgate 3way components
rear- 6.5" forgate 3 ways

when i get back from deployment -

jl audio 12w3v3 in custom fiberglass box powered by alpine 500 watt rms amp.

0b557a5e.jpg

Last edited:

harvboi05

Established Member
when most people switch to an aftermarket HU, do they delete their amps, and run their own speaker wires and stuff? im an audio newb.

id like to see some pics of aftermarket radios that match the OEM gauge cluster colors/font and etc.

makriluc

Established Member
Head Unit, Sony CDX-GT620U
Dual XPA4100 (600W) to drive my front Rockford Fosgate 6.5" 3 ways and my rear Kenwood 6X9 3ways
Pioneer GM3300T (300W) to drive my 10" MTX enclosed sub.

Sony1.jpg

I know it is dusty......

LDC2335

Established Member
what did you use to hook the radio up to the mach 460 system?

if you wish to keep the mach amps, there is a harness that you can buy that will allow you to do so, i did it this way at first, but later deleted them and ran new wires. Not a hard job, just takes a little time. Worth it though IMO.

check out crutchfield, they will have the harness you need to retain factory amps.

I guess rule of thumb:

if you want to keep your stock speakers, keep your stock amps.

if you want to upgrade your speakers, run new wires. Why? because the factory 6x8 and 6.5 (convertible)locations only receive low frequency, so your new fancy speakers will not have any upper mids or highs reguardless of how many tweeters are on them .

Last edited:

LDC2335

Established Member
when most people switch to an aftermarket HU, do they delete their amps, and run their own speaker wires and stuff? im an audio newb.

id like to see some pics of aftermarket radios that match the OEM gauge cluster colors/font and etc.

well my pioneer has all blue lights , so i swapped my stock cluster, HVAC, and autometer gauges to blue (with leds). So i have blue everything. There are not too many stereos with green lights these days, a few but not many.

this pic is with the kenwood deck i had before i went with the pioneer bluetooth, blue lights as well though.

33124440017_large.jpg

Last edited:

mystical

Established Member
The aftermarket stereo that I run is an offroad h-pipe w/ 40 series Flowmasters. Music to my ears:thumbsup:

94venomV8

Established Member
I have a pioneer in dash DVD player, I love it! I can let my son watch movies when I'm at a car show to keep him occupied and also love that I can put any screen saver I want on it ie: cobra symbol, ford badge, any picture I take, plus it has a Ipod jack and USB jack. As far as speakers, I have factory mach 460 stuff with a 10" JL sub in the back. Doesnt sound bad but could be better, just dont feel like rewiring everything to gain a little sound. When really I like listening to the car and would rather spend my money on go fas stuff!

BABVenom98

Established Member
What size speakers fit in the upper door/side mirror spot?
I'm looking to have a Kenwood setup:
Headunit Kenwood KDC-HD545U
Amplifier Kenwood KAC-6404
Front and Rear speakers Kenwood KFC-C6893PS

gtmustang00

Established Member
No pics since car is in storage but Alpine head unit, 3 jl audio 10 inch subs in a flush mounted box in trunk. JL 500.1 amp for subs. JL 450.4 amp for speakers. 2 sets of Focal component speakers in doors/custom kick panels. 1 Set of Focals in rear.

Users who are viewing this thread