Aftermarket Back up Bumper Sensors

DonkeyTuna

Idn't dat sump'n!
Established Member
Has anyone done this? Can anyone recommend a system or local installer. I've seen many for sale on the web ranging from a simple license plate frame setup (some with camera) to full system installs that mimic factory setups. Looking for something functional, easy to install yet tasteful and nor very noticeable. This is for a 2006 S500.

Any advice from the MACA would be greatly appreciated!

-Mike
aka. Donkey!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Mike, I don't know the models, but I can relate a story about my friend. He runs a BMW in TT with me, and had mounted a battery operated, radio type backup camera on the rear of his trailer. The problem was that his batteries were always dead, and so it never worked. One of those "Yeah, I meant to replace those batteries but forgot" type deals.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
You can save alot by getting the ones that mount to your license plate. Putting them in the bumper is going to involve taking the bumper off, drilling holes and running the wires to the computer. Im pretty sure most radio shops can order the kit and install them

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Install a Nav in your car and do a backup camera. I did...and it's awesome! However the nav unit was $2000.00 on sale for $1300.00 but, free via my points system at work. The camera for it was around $250.00 between camera and plate mount. It was an Alpine set up. 6.95" nav screen up front to see out back..is nice!

The sensors are pretty cool but, I agree...screw the drilling the rear bumper stuff. That could turn out ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread