Aftermarket Clutch with Stock Flywheel

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Any of them will work. The choice of which depends on what you are planning to do with the car.

At a certain point in horsepower you may want to change the entire set up, but a good clutch will grab a steel flywheel.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

basspro302

Established Member
I have a mach 500 it works perfect with the stock flywheel. The only clutches that need a special flywheel are typically twin disc.

justinsstang

Established Member
I have a mach 500 it works perfect with the stock flywheel. The only clutches that need a special flywheel are typically twin disc.
How high do you rev your car with that clutch? Boss manifold/Cobra Jet? I have a boss manifold and I need a clutch that can rev high without lockout.

Gruca

Established Member
McLeod claims their clutches won’t work correctly without their flywheels, but who knows. I’ve always gotten a lightened steel flywheel when I replaced the clutch just to reduce rotating mass.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's highly recommended to go with the corresponding flywheel when upgrading the clutch. For example if you where to have a Mcleod clutch with the stock flywheel, then there won't be as much contact with the clutch disk as it would with the matching Mcleod flywheel, this will cause premature wear and poor engagement.

basspro302

Established Member
I take that back all the mcleod stuff needs a different flywheel. Ive given up on mcleod ive had bad luck with their clutches.

Users who are viewing this thread