Aftermarket Coolant Neck Plug?

SnakeBite4487

Been Bite Lately?
Established Member
I installed a mechanical water temp gauge in my Cobra this afternoon and the water neck has a plug that can be removed for access to install the water temp sensor there. However when i tried to install the plug that the water temp sensor screws into that came with the gauge its too small. I had another brass plug laying around and tried it, closer but also a little to small and leaked. Does anyone know if a company makes a plug to go in there to connect the mechanical water temp sensor that would be the correct one? Or another location that would be better? :shrug: Thanks!

greengt88

Established Member
There is a guy at midcontinent mustangs that sells them, I tried pm'ing him, since I want one too, but he hasn't replied, been almost a week.....he has them for the sensor and stock style, $20-25, but I guess he doesn't want to sell any......there is a thread about it, maybe try to do a search....

SnakeBite4487

Been Bite Lately?
Established Member
There is a guy at midcontinent mustangs that sells them, I tried pm'ing him, since I want one too, but he hasn't replied, been almost a week.....he has them for the sensor and stock style, $20-25, but I guess he doesn't want to sell any......there is a thread about it, maybe try to do a search....

Yeah i guess he dont, thats the last thing i need to hook up my water temp gauge. Thanks!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly I think a scangauge is the best way to go. Your OBDII system already has an accurate ECT sensor, all you need is something to display it. Plus with the scangauge you get to read all the other parameters.

SnakeBite4487

Been Bite Lately?
Established Member
Any luck yet, love to purchase the plug so I can do my thermostat

Well boys, i did some research and called the local speed shops and no one makes a plug to go in there. One guy back in 05 on here used to but i dont think so anymore. So the local speed shop and i fabricated one. We used the stock plug, drilled out the center and welded a bung on the top with the fitting that the water temp sensor will fit into. Tig welded it and brazed it. Working like a charm! I would suggest this for anyone who wants to add a mechanical water temp sensor! :rockon:

greengt88

Established Member
Having thermostat installed today, I just wanted a replacement plug cause I know what a bastard the stock one can be.....

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Well boys, i did some research and called the local speed shops and no one makes a plug to go in there. One guy back in 05 on here used to but i dont think so anymore. So the local speed shop and i fabricated one. We used the stock plug, drilled out the center and welded a bung on the top with the fitting that the water temp sensor will fit into. Tig welded it and brazed it. Working like a charm! I would suggest this for anyone who wants to add a mechanical water temp sensor! :rockon:

or you could of just gotten this. Coolant Fitting

Just teflon tape/teflon paste the piss out of it like i did. Ill post pics later of my homemade bleeder. :beer:

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
problem solved ;)

9a4ba8f4.jpg

2ad509c2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread