Aftermarket Hood Question

AMP GT500

Established Member
I am looking to swap out my stock GT500 hood to achieve more aggressive look. For those who have already done this mod or who have researched this mod, what can I expect to spend for the total install (hood, hood vents, prep, paint, install labor, etc) ?
Are there any potential issues or inconveniences that I should consider (i.e. inability to run aftermarket hood struts, window washer relocation, etc). If so, is the juice worth the squeeze?

Also, do we have a thread for aftermarket hood pictures? I searched but didn't find much. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Mat

Kapy

Established Member
The biggest problem you will run into is finding stripes to match your existing stripes. That is if you own a stripe car. I wanted to put a SS hood on mine but decided not because you need longer stripes than the stock to work if you are looking at a SS or Mamba hood I take it.

You cannot just get the material and are stuck looking for a match with other vinyl striping companies. Or even painting.

I even got a hold of the actual striping supplier for our cars but they will not just cut stripes for you. I had a contact that was going to sell me a ton in bulk but that would have been like $5K in vinyl which is just completely stupid.

Oh well, good luck man.

Users who are viewing this thread