Aftermarket hood struts/support

RickJay

Established Member
Does anyone have any experience with the UPR Extreme Billet Hood Props?
It looks like they're complete hinge replacements, and that's OK but I'm a little concerned about the quality at only $110 when most of the gas cylinder kits run over $150
Thanks
RJ

cj428mach

Established Member
You can get kits that look almost stockish for under $100 at American Muscle. They also have free shipping and 6% off for all SVTP Members.

cj428mach

Established Member
American Muscle has free shipping on I think almost every item they sell. Go to their forum and PM one of the American Muscle guys. They'll give you a discount code for being a Member here.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...067-discount-code-americanmuscle-read-me.html

American Muscle is awesome, I always recommend checking them first. I needed a new Ford Racing T5Z transmission. American Muscle's price was equal to all the lowest price parts house but the discount code saved me almost $100, and it was shipped free to me via truck freight.

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
I have the MRT hood strut kit. been on my car for years now and still works great no issues. I didn't wanna drill holes and put rivets in my car...

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
I have the black MMD kit from American Muscle. It's really well put together and is a bolt-on so no drilling required. They sell it for $89.99 but I got it on sale for like $75 with free shipping. The MRT kit is nice too and I've seen it offered pre-painted to match the factory paint of your vehicle.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Redline Tuning here, and I have to laugh about the guys not wanting to drill two holes, yet they weld in subframes, put in SRA's, return fuels systems, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread