Aftermarket Lincoln LS sites?

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Do any of yall know of any good aftermarket sites for the lincoln ls? Ive been searching in yahoo and cant really find any good ones. I think Im going to buy an 03+ v8 model in the near future and was looking for some sites that sold cat-backs, lowering springs, cai's and that sorta stuff. Also a good lincoln forum would be helpful. Thanks, Corey

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i was really looking into those cars, but there really isn't any aftermarket available for them at all. for about 2 years now, a roots supercharger has been 'in the works'(i dont think they've finished it yet), but the guy offering it has a very shady history(evidentally he ripped off a ton of probe owners when they bought his turbo kits back in the day). even at that, there aren't any aftermarket limited slips available(lots of talk about 8.8" center section swaps, but no one ever goes for it), suspension pieces are nearly non existant, and, short of CAIs and exhausts, there aren't any engine parts. they really are awesome cars, but they are 100% daily driver 0% performance car, unless you are willing to drop the coin to get some custom stuff made.
Lincoln LS Forum

the jaguar XJR is a great performance sedan for about the same price(used) as the LS. upgrades aren't cheap(though there are much more expensive cars out there), but they actually exist. they are supercharged, so they gain lots of power with a handful of mods. that, and they are one of the sexiest cars on the face of the planet!

Last edited:

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Thanks man, I really just want a good dd for now that is luxury. I dont really care if its fast I just want it to look good. So far Im thinking I want an all black 03+, v8 is a must, exhaust, cai, 1.5" drop, 5% tint, and a decent sound system. Im going to look at one tomorrow that is right up the street and Ive been browsing around at mods. I cant leave anything alone.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
in that case, an LS should be fine. just be sure you wont get the urge for power down the road and end up dissapointed, lol.

Smoked SVT

Established Member
in that case, an LS should be fine. just be sure you wont get the urge for power down the road and end up dissapointed, lol.

haha thats what Im afraid of. Its def gonna be better than my 98 contour 4 cyl Ive been driving since I sold the cobra lol. I figure I want a car for less than 9 grand that is very luxurious and has a v8. Where else do I turn to (not a fan of the jag's styling)? lol. I love the look of the LSs though and I think it will be cool to see one modded up. Plus if I get one and get bored Ill buy a 4.6l 4v and drop it in with a t56 :rockon:. Wishfull thinking there lol.

Last edited:

Thrust

Established Member
Here is a good forum with a lot of info:
Lincoln LS Forum
You can also try lskoncepts.com
Other than cai's, catbacks, and tuners the perfomance aftermarket for the LS is limited. I have a '00 LS8 Sport and its been a great car.

Cobra-O

Established Member
Look for the LSE package. It is all cosmetic, but looks much better IMO. Don't think they had it in 03, but they did in 02, 04, and 05.

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Thanks guys. Id really like to have an LSE but they are harder to come by. I went to look at one this morning but was dissapointed when I got there. It was an 04 all black with chrome wheels, 3.9l, 80k mi, black leather interior...etc. On the outside it was flawless but the interior was not taken care of at all. The leather has weird scratches/ stains and the center console around the shifter was so scratched up it looked terrible. The motor also had a tick and the change oil light was on so I just passed on that one. They wanted 9,700 for it so Ill keep looking. Hopefully I can run across a nice LSE anyway b/c they do look alot better.
EDIT: The salesman also tried to tell me the 04 was an LSE but it wasnt. It had the stock body kit and I dont like being lied to lol.

Last edited:

Cobra-O

Established Member
Look for the all red tail lights for the LSE. Quick way to tell as long as someone has not replaced them.

That will probably be my next car. Can't believe how cheap they can be picked up for. Parents just bought a flawless loaded 04 V8 for 13K.

Last edited:

carnut101

Established Member
I used to have one. As mentioned above, lincolnvscadillac is pretty much the only forum. Last I heard, they finally managed to get rear mount turbos and LSDs going.

Now the bad new: 1st and 2nd gear are so closely geared, one or the other will be useless with FI. IIRC, the head gaskets leaked often, and the coil packs needed to be replaced often also.

That said, I miss mine. It was a very fun car for what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread