Aftermarket Push to Start Buttons

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member
I have a problem with my key system (forgive my ignorance with the proper technical terms) where it basically thinks the key is still in it. Car does not start, but I can turn it on to accessory mode without the key in it and checking the amp usage with a meter hours after the car has been touched show that the ECU never goes into lower power mode...and my car battery drains if I let the car sit for over a week.

So anyway, to fix this I've been thinking about trying one of the aftermarket RFID based keyless entry/push to start systems.

There are a few systems out there on the market that do this, I'm curious if anyone on here has tried one of them and what their experience has been.

This will be installed on the car in my signature BTW.

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member
Why not just get a new ignition?

I don't know...why do guys change wheels every 6 months on their cars? Because some things are about how they look or "cool" factor...or in this case convenience and quirky preference. In my case, it always annoys me a little when the keychain hangs down and rubs my leg (don't ask my why...I'm just weird I guess). A push to start would eliminate this problem and be cool at the same time.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I don't know...why do guys change wheels every 6 months on their cars? Because some things are about how they look or "cool" factor...or in this case convenience and quirky preference. In my case, it always annoys me a little when the keychain hangs down and rubs my leg (don't ask my why...I'm just weird I guess). A push to start would eliminate this problem and be cool at the same time.

Toyota Prius's have push start are they cool?

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
I installed a push start and purchased an RFID system seperately. I never finished the project unfortunately. It was my only car and didn't want to **** up the lock on the steering column.

invisiblefrisbe

Praying for the unborn
Established Member

Seriously?!? I was honestly looking for some information from people who have constructive input an can tell me their experience with these systems. By the way, a Prius has a windshield and brakes too, if I wanted to do everything the opposite of a Prius just because "if a Prius has it, it isn't cool", I doubt I'd have much of a car left.

But really, I'm looking for responses from people who have experience with a push to start RFID system, preferably one that also includes proximity based door locking like the digital guard dawg system previously mentioned. There are other systems out there that run a little cheaper, but I don't know if they are any good.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
if i had the cash i would do this to my Roush. i like them. it was a nice feature in my old vette, but its not worth the cash required.

THE_STIG

Established Member

If you want to spend $600 to stop a key from rubbing your leg then you should probably do it, seems like a legit reason.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member

south-park-smug-313.gif

s10e02_480.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread