Aftermarket speakers

red96cobra

Drivin' on a rail
Established Member
Does anybody know if aftermarket speakers will work with the mach 460 amps? I know that an aftermarket amp for the speaks would sound better but monet is kind of tight right now so that is really not an option and I have some decent 6x8s from the t-bird I'm going to pull out before I sell it. I read somewhere that you can't put aftermarket speakers on these amps. Just want to know either way so that I know before I start earing things apart

thanks
:burnout: :burnout:

94CobraPace

Established Member
I have asked this question to a few stereo shops and they said it would sound, but would not sound as good as the stock speakers. I have not tried this, but what I was told by 3 shops. One shop said it was a hit or miss on what speakers were used, and then they did not last a long time, something about the different ohms not mixing together well.

Abad46

Established Member
if you are using the stock amps in the car (if you don't run all new spkr wire) than no aftermarket speaker will work...unless its newer mach stuff... The 6x8s have low freq. only and if you put an aftermarket spkr on it, thats ALL that comes out...the tweeters can be replaced but will sound the same as stock though. I have done alot of trial and error with this system.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
the front is s simple component system. Getting something like Fosgates FNQ or FNX sysstem I think would work well. However, you might have to do some custom fabbing.

I believe Fosgate also makes a 6x8 component speaker that could be place in the back. I believe the crossover is built into the two amps in the rear.

I've noticed mine is making popping/crackling noises when I start the car up or when I turn the radio off then back on. I think its just a loose wire somewhere cause sometimes it does it when I hit a hard bump.

Users who are viewing this thread