Again, to all JRSC SVTF owners!!

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I got my 3.4" pulley from SFPH yesterday, and tried to install it today. Be prepared to remove(hack apart) the old power steering bracket, and take off both motor mounts, then jack up the motor by the oil pan(use a block of wood to spread the force on the pan). This is the only way I could get the old pulley off. Then the new pulley is way wrong! Wrong offset on both sides, wrong shaft diam. After 2+ hours of tearing the poor car apart, I needed to put it all back together. I hope he has the right pulley sitting on his bench somewhere waiting for my car, becuase I've got the itch for more boost. E-

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by elliot400
I got my 3.4" pulley from SFPH yesterday, and tried to install it today. Be prepared to remove(hack apart) the old power steering bracket, and take off both motor mounts, then jack up the motor by the oil pan(use a block of wood to spread the force on the pan). This is the only way I could get the old pulley off. Then the new pulley is way wrong! Wrong offset on both sides, wrong shaft diam. After 2+ hours of tearing the poor car apart, I needed to put it all back together. I hope he has the right pulley sitting on his bench somewhere waiting for my car, becuase I've got the itch for more boost. E-

Roger, sorry for the inconvenience on getting the wrong pulley sent to you, as this can happen with dealing with so many different applications we do carry. All SVT Focus Supercharger Pulleys are Special Order and usually take 3 to 4 weeks from the time we get an order until it is made and shipped out to the customer.

With dealing with so many pulley applications as we do every day, it is hard to carry all Foreign & Domestic Supercharger Pulleys, is why we only make the Jackson Racing Type Pulleys on a Special Order basis only. Rest assured your pulley is going to be called in to be made and it will reach you 3 to 4 weeks. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

JoeJoe

Established Member
E- that sucks man. It really stinks when you are all hyped up to get that extra boost and you just end up tearing down and putting it back together. Isn't there somewhere else that can get that pulley in less then freakin 3-4 weeks? That's bogus man.

I was hyped up myself waiting to see what you were gonna have to say about that new pulley....lol

Later
Joe

JoeJoe

Established Member
something i just thought of.......what are the best #'s anyone has gotten from the jrsc on the svt? I've seen something like 220 whp in that Focus building book........

anyone...?

j

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Should be just a couple more weeks. I am hesitant to ship the incorrect pulley back to him until I recieve the correct one. Is this proper? I just feel that he already has my money, and I should wait on everything until the right pulley arrives. I can't wait for MORE BOOST!! Gotta hear that Eaton scream! If I ever pop the motor, I'll rebulid it stronger and crank the blower up to 8-9psi, and really eat some (stock) mustangs for breakfast! E-

Dblitz

Established Member
I have the same pulley ordered for mine also.
1.5-2psi should still be safe. My car runs on the rich side
anyway so, I think it will be ok. there's a guy on the folcaljet
fourm who has a 3'' pulley he going to install this weekend
and put it on the Dyno. His Mods are Superchip Reflash
42lb injectors Pro-M Mass air. 3'' pulley should put out
around 11-12 PSI. On a built Motor with the right Tuning
12-15 psi would be wicked!

:rockon:

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I can't find the guy on focaljet, but I'm not used to that site dynamic. I'm not sure on the 11-12psi numbers. I was talking to Keith at Jackson last month, and he said the 3" would be between 3-3.5lbs of boost, and you'd suffer from belt slippage. That's why I'm going with the 3.4". More boost, less worries. If he is gonna crank that much boost(11-12psi) into a 10.2:1 motor, I hope he brings a broom and a dustpan for all his internals. Or, he'll have one of the fastest Foci out there. Here's hoping! E-

Dblitz

Established Member
His user name is (infaredsvt) He's also running water/alcohol injection. The intenals should hold up If detonation is controlled.
As for belt slippage Until you get around 2.77" its going to be O.K
The lightning pulley is around 3'' stock and no slippage.
I think for every .200 smaller on pulley size is 1.5-2 psi.
What size belt did SFPH tell you to go with? I'm going to
use 1/2'' shorter Belt.

Dblitz

Established Member
Yeah, that has to suck! He went from 10psi to 14psi with the same SCT tune. Maxing out the maf Not a good Thing
:nono:

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I hope he isn't too upset. I got my pulley yesterday, I'll try to get her installed tonight. Do we know how much power that guy was seeing with that much boost? I'm glad he is going to rebuild, the SVT deserves it. If I damage my engine, I'll get a prepped block from Sean Heyland. Then we'll really see how much boost these can handle. E-

Dblitz

Established Member
No dyno numbers before the motor went but, He also has a 2004
SRt4 with a few Mods, manual boost controller, 3"down pipe, Intake, and a different waste actuator. From what he said in his post, The SVT was just as fast as the SRt4. With the mods on a
srt4 FWHP should 230-250 and Fwtq 260-280. Can't wait to see
what his SVT will do with the built motor.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Got the 3.4"pulley installed last night, it went easy. There seems to be quite a bit more punch in the last half of the rpm range. I was expecting the blower to be louder, and I don't think it is. I"m glad I didn't go with the 3". I don't think it would be very good for my lead foot. I'm pretty happy for $89. When you get yours(Dblitz) I'll give you directions. I cannot wait to see how quick that guy's SVT is with a built motor, probably one of the fastest SVTFs in the states. E-

Dblitz

Established Member
I got my pulley last friday And installed it sunday morning.
I have not had a chance to run it hard but, I can feel some
more low end and midrange. I need colder sparkplugs. Before I run it hard. Overall What do you think of your pulley?

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by elliot400
Got the 3.4"pulley installed last night, it went easy. There seems to be quite a bit more punch in the last half of the rpm range. I was expecting the blower to be louder, and I don't think it is. I"m glad I didn't go with the 3". I don't think it would be very good for my lead foot. I'm pretty happy for $89. When you get yours(Dblitz) I'll give you directions. I cannot wait to see how quick that guy's SVT is with a built motor, probably one of the fastest SVTFs in the states. E-

elliot400 , am glad to see you recieved your new pulley and got it installed. Keep us posted as to how well it works for you. We here at SFPH are always happy to help assist everyone with their Special Order Pulley Request.

Also, please check your email on returning the other pulley we sent to you. Thank you!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread