Age and current time with your employer?

prs97

Established Member
Let's see. Current one is about 8 weeks now.

I've had more jobs than socks and I think the universe may have finally hooked me up.

Career-wise, I feel like I've been punished in this life for sins that I committed in a past life. Sins like humping the sister of someone very important and then wiping down the equipment on the drapes on the way out the door.

After 22 years in the IT industry, I've had a bunch of different jobs in a bunch of different industries, and have had more managers than I would care to count.

Actually, I just did and the total is 15 different managers over 22 years. Fif-teen!

A bunch of dopes. A few sociopaths. Some absentee landlords. An "I'm smarter than everyone" tyrant, and a minuscule percentage of really good ones.

Sigh. Only 8 more years to retirement.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member

I spent a couple years in the IBEW local 27 here in Maryland back in the mid 90's. I made it through my first year apprenticeship/school but left because journeyman were telling me how they could be laid off for months at a time. Not really thinking it through then, I could have easily gotten by with side work being an electrician had I stuck with it.
Very true it's just the way it is like I haven't worked a Jan or February for 2 years straight now always doing a side Hussle etc

jessie_sanders

Established Member
I'll be 36 in June. I've been in my field for 16 years and with my current employer for 8 years this September.

Wish I would have joined the military right out of highschool like I wanted and done something that mattered.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I'll be 36 in June. I've been in my field for 16 years and with my current employer for 8 years this September.

Wish I would have joined the military right out of highschool like I wanted and done something that mattered.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think this too. I was just talking with someone at the gym about how I wished I had join the army or become a cop. However, knowing where our country is. Knowing where the world is…I’m glad I didn’t. I wouldn’t die for my country right now. I wouldn’t die enforcing (well, not enforcing) the laws we have for fear of going to jail for the rest of my life.

I’m with you though….my job is meaningless. Nothing about it changes the world. Oh well. At least I can take the money my communist, leftist company pays me to buy “assault weapons” and home School my kids so they aren’t transed.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I think this too. I was just talking with someone at the gym about how I wished I had join the army or become a cop. However, knowing where our country is. Knowing where the world is…I’m glad I didn’t. I wouldn’t die for my country right now. I wouldn’t die enforcing (well, not enforcing) the laws we have for fear of going to jail for the rest of my life.

I’m with you though….my job is meaningless. Nothing about it changes the world. Oh well. At least I can take the money my communist, leftist company pays me to buy “assault weapons” and home School my kids so they aren’t transed.

As someone in a meaningless job yup.

I go to an oil site. I push a button. I sit there for 4 hours. I watch Netflix and listen to podcasts

Nothing more. Nothing less

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
This stupid thread made me think. And I thought .. and thought..

So I put in a couple applications, yesterday went to an interview and got an offer for a higher position than what I interviewed for

Growing company, constant work.. etc

Thanks OP you’re a dick. Lol jk

Thanks for getting my wheels turning…. Realizing I was in a worthless ass job essentially

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This stupid thread made me think. And I thought .. and thought..

So I put in a couple applications, yesterday went to an interview and got an offer for a higher position than what I interviewed for

Growing company, constant work.. etc

Thanks OP you’re a dick. Lol jk

Thanks for getting my wheels turning…. Realizing I was in a worthless ass job essentially
Bar Manager at Applebees?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do you get free biscuits?

Once in a while I get the meaningless feeling at work. Once I'm done with what I'm working on I don't see it until the next cycle. It can get tedius. But a couple months ago they brought over sailors as a training/help program and talking to them reminds me of the end user.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
37 and 19.5 years with the USAF/TXANG, military right out of HS obviously haha. Still can't decide what I want to be when I grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread