Agencies to work for in FL?

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
What agency do you recommend to work for in FL? Feel free to send me a PM. Currently work in MD in for a big department but looking for a more affordable area to live, less traffic and better weather. Thanks.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Traffic is just as bad in a lot of the big cities. Orlando i-4 is a nightmare sometimes. The pay down south is trash man.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
There gotta be agencies outside Broward county, Orange County that might be good to transfer. Here with 10 years, base salary is at 65K you can make 90k with no effort (differential, court overtime) but houses are 400k (the cheapest ones) and traffic is horrible.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Orange county sheriff starts at $39,145 with 3+ years experience.

FHP starts at just under 34k for most counties and 38K for others.

I4 isn't bad all the time. There are ways around it with minimal hassle

Spudz

Established Member
Brevard county is a nice place to live. It's east of Orlando on the space coast. The cost of living is pretty low (a new three bedroom house can go for 170ish) and there are a number of good local departments to pick from, as well as the county sheriff. I have 8 LEOs currently living in my neighborhood from various city agencies.

The best part is the lack of road congestion around here. You can get pretty much anywhere you need to go without running into traffic. And, of course, the beach is always five minutes away without all the hustle and bustle of Miami and south Florida.

I'm a bias local though.

Last edited:

boost4me

Banned
NOT Palm Beach County, and NOT St Lucie County....

If you want to live a little further south... Check out Martin County, that's where I live.... Martin itself is a little higher, but you could live in St Lucie with all the red necks and illegals if you wanna save money. I've heard Martin County is a great jurisdiction to work for... very fiscally responsible and they have a solid tax base, great schools too if you got kids.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Do not work for St. Pete First off they have an oddball pension program which you can't take to another agency, (which you inevitably will want to do), Secondly they have some great officers..on the street, their admin does not look out for them and the beat cops are constantly looking over their shoulders, lastly they are in the middle of obtaining a new chief and a department in flux is always (IMO) "iffy".

Any of the sheriff's offices seem to be OK I would also check with the Freshwater Game Guys ( known as "Grouper Troopers") but in real life are pretty awesome LEOs, they cover virtually everything and have widespread jurisdiction. I would highly recommend you check them out.

http://myfwc.com/

Good luck..

Last edited:

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
Thanks for the good info. I guess I'm better off doing my last 13 years here, get my full retirement and then look for another department. Thanks again!!

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Orange and Pinellas county are both hiring a lot of officers, good places to work. Although I hate the traffic around the Disney/I-4 area, shit is brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread