Ahhh, some comments you get from people at gas stations are priceless....

Blakers01GT

Established Member
So I pull into the gas station to fill up and older man walks up and stares at my car for a few seconds, looks at me and says "So, what is faster, these Cobra's or the SKALEEENS?" :shrug: :D Of course I went through the different types of SALEENS, S351, 281. How they aren't a ford product etc etc, he kind of lost me but never the less, the Skaleen part made my day.

Blake

logan_yomtov

Established Member
tell me about it. I haven't actually heard someone say skalleen, but i've heard people mispronounce saleen a million times and they think that they're the fastest mustangs around...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
hehe..I love gas station encounters with the clueless. I have been asked countless times if it has a "5'0h" in it..lol..I usually reply..no it has a 427 in it, then I open the hood and watch the jaws drop when they see the gigantic DOHC heads and blower. I know its kinda of a jerk thing to do, but damn.. I love misleading the boneheads.

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
BigZach said:
I have had more people ask me if it is a "real" Cobra than anything else at the gas station.

I get this all the time also. Itz normally from some kids that think that a Civic with a fart can is fast. Once they hear the blower whine they shut up real quick.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I get the 5 oh question all the time!!! They haven't put the motor in a mustang in 10 years dammit!!!! The Saleen question I also get probably once a week.....everybody thinks they are the fastest mustangs for some reason???? :shrug:

GA Terminator

Established Member
I have had them ask me, "is that a new 2005, and what does the snake mean on the fender?". That sets you up for a "no where" conversation

Stangette03

JC's Jules
Established Member
I've heard some pretty good ones at gas stations... but the funniest recent one was "hey do you know your front grill is missing?" :rollseyes :lol:

baby2000

Established Member
I havent had any of these encounters with my Cobra yet. My gen 1 lightning has been a different story. I have people all the time telling me that it is not a real lightning. It kind of pisses my off just because the gen2 came out and now people think that my gen1 is fake.

imswheel

Quality SVT Poster
Established Member
Some cars are chick magnets - some cars are not!

I have a 68 Torino Fastaback that my wife calls "The old man magnet". Every time we stop for gas we are approached by some elderly gentleman (with the add on sunglasses and a hat) who regails us with how he used to own one of these and how much fun it was. I get a kick out of this as it really seems to make their day. One guy told me how he had bought one "brand new" the year after he retired. That would make him at least 104 years old! He did not look a day over 97 though. If I was "into" old men I would be set for life!

The Cobra just seems to get nods of approval and a few "nice car" comments. One girl from Japan ask if it was a "camerio rod car" I just nodded and complimented her on her huge yellow and green platform sneakers. She had Herman Munster feet big time.

The most recent comments are around gas prices and feeding the damn thing.

- Paul

Hye

Established Member
the best is when she's in the car screaming telling me that my car sounds like its going to blow up after going almost wot...hahaha...good times indeed.

bnglcat

Established Member
My only entertaining comment about the car is that I drive a viper. I never knew I did, but apparently it is a viper. My current boss, and a number of cruise night attendees, have refered to it as a viper. The boss, to this day, still thinks I drive a viper no matter how many times I tell him it is a cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread