Ahhh the joys of simple tasks

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
A simple 10 minute job turned into a 3 day effort. Let me say first - NEVER PUT ANY TOOL TO THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE RADIATOR. Putting on a cover for the degas bottle. Easy, two clamps and two bolts. I set the curved tip needle nose pliers down beside the radiator. Accidently bumped them and they disappeared into the bowls of tubing on the passenger side. Spent a couple of hours looking for them and trying to reach into every space I could reach. No luck. Next day jacked up the car after work (got the Steeda jacking rails which work quite nicely) and tried from the bottom. Still no luck. Borrowed a borescope the next day. Finally caught a glimpse of the pliers deep inside the passenger side front end. Took off the front wheel and popped off the front half of the wheel well liner and could finally get a hand on the pliers and remove them. So once more, a public service announcement - NEVER PUT ANYTHING ON the PASSEGER SIDE ENGINE BAY BESIDE THE RADIATOR:nono:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Lol, I'm still missing a cozy in my F-150 engine bay somewhere. It also contains a empty beer can.

Users who are viewing this thread