Aiming headlights

BABVenom98

Established Member
Hey guys, I've searched on here and on the interweb how to aim headlights but I can't anything that shows me how to, just a couple how-to's talking about the adjustment screws which I don't know how to get access to.
So how do I access the adjustment screws?

CJK440

Established Member
IIRC when I did mine I used a very tiny 6 pt socket on a 1/4" ratchet to adjust height from the backside of the assembly. As for left to right I used a long shaft philips from the front between a gap in the lens and bumper cover...

BABVenom98

Established Member
I know the process of aiming them, I just can't find the damn adjustment screws on mine. I have the aftermarket clear/chrome ones if that matters.
And I wish they had a video for 94-98 removal and installation.

RSbeast

Established Member
I think LRS sells a ford specific wrench if I remember correctly. Its an orwell tools or whatever that brand is that's in the red and white packaging...could prolly find one at a NAPA or a auto supply store

Like $17 iirc

perry2k12

Established Member
It's kind of hard to explain. The screws themselves adjust in these circular plastic pieces, and the plastic pieces sit stationary in the metal wall. When I bought my car the plastic pieces weren't shoved through the metal wall like they were supposed to be on install. See if the plastic piece are even pushed through the metal wall behind the headlight. Does that make sense at all?

BABVenom98

Established Member
I found the vertical adjustment screws, those are the only ones I needed to adjust. They're right in between the headlight and parking light down towards the bottom. I just happen to look in there and see the screw head. Thanks for the info though!

Users who are viewing this thread