Air bag light need reset?

stroked93

Established Member
When I bought my car over a year ago I was told that both air bags were replaced and all it needed was the control module. I finally installed it today but my air bag light is still on. Does this have to be reset after installing the new module? Thanks for the help.

stroked93

Established Member
Did a google search and looks like it is a pass side air bag code. What is the easiest way to determine if I have a pass side airbag? My blood is boiling right now because the pass side airbag was suppose to be replaced.

bluedog

Established Member
passenger air bag circuit resistance is high. That is what AllData says. Did you replace the horn ring behind the steering wheel? What all did you replace?

stroked93

Established Member
When I bought the car I was told that both bags were replaced and all it needed was a control module. I have a bad feeling that the pass side bag wasn't put in. What is the easiest way to check?

stroked93

Established Member
If the air bag light is on and it is in there it prob won't go off anyway. Anyone with a more educated answer? Is it safe to just pull the cover off on the dash?

bluedog

Established Member
No. If you want to remove the bag then undo your battery and tie the two cables together to completely discharge the system. There are two bolts behind the glove box up high and the whole pass air bag will slide out. Then you can check and see if its even plugged in. Take it too the dealership of at least call them and ask how much it would cost to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread