Air bag Recall

Santiago

Established Member
what do you guys think i should do my car was in a accident since july 4 2016 and the car got fix and everything is back to looking good but the body shop cant release me my car back .. To make the story short ford said there arent no air bag and they cant do nothing about it this is what they respond to me with

Thank you for providing the requested information.

I have reviewed your vehicle information. I am showing your vehicle has safety recall: 15S21 DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACEMENT. At this time, parts are still unavailable. Rest assured, we are working with suppliers to have parts available as soon as possible. Being that this is a nationwide issue amongst many automakers, it is taking longer to get the parts in.

Parts are expected the latter part of this year. Once they do become available, you will be notified via mail.

momogt

Established Member
I have mine going Monday as well. also getting the recall done on the A6 drivetrain module

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
What year is your car? There is no recall fix for the 13-14 cars, all service airbags in the parts system are the defective ones. The dealer has a way of getting the parts. They can escalate the matter with Ford and get the part pulled but you will still have to have the recall performed.

As for the cars with the passenger side recall, parts are not available with no ETA.

Santiago

Established Member
My car is 2013 i been going add it with ford .. it sucks that im paying for the car and Insurance for it to be parked waiting for a air bag stupid ..

hand-filer

Established Member
Mine goes in Tuesday morning. I stopped in at the dealership this past Wednesday to talk to the shop foreman.
I had my concerns as this is the first time it will grace the inside of a dealership since I bought it. Like a lot of posters here, I'm pretty anal about my car.

He was pretty understanding about my paranoia and offered to let me hang out in the service center and watch the procedure go down.

Users who are viewing this thread