AIR BAGS

J15BIG

Established Member
Has anyone put airbags on their L so they could riase or lower it any time they wanted. I want to be able to go really low or go back to stock or even higher any time I want. If i do end up doing this, will handleing be better or worse? Has anyone done this before to their L.

thanks
joe santana

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Putting bags it will make a big difference in the apperance. It will also affect the handling but how good or bad that might be will depend on what you are using the truck for after the bags are installed. If you plan on racing the truck, drag or road course, I wouldn't put the bags in. If you're just planning on riding around a showing the truck you probably wouldn't notice any real bad side affects.

One thing you might want to consider is what putting the bags in will do to the resale value of the truck in the long run. I don't think I'd buy a used vehicle that had been bagged. JMHO :ud:

BewleysRanger

Established Member
I dont know anyone who has backed an L, but I do have a good friend that has a 98 F150 on fast bags. His truck looks awesome, but the ride quality is noticably bad. Also, the truck cannot be driven with the backs fully inflated because when they are, theyare rock hard and make the ride even worse than it already is. As FlaSVT said, I would not do it if you are going to do any kind of racing. If not, your truck will look bad ass, but you won't be too happy with the ride quality.

J15BIG

Established Member
thanks for the info, looks like bags arent such a good idea. i think i will go with the belltech 3/4 drop.

thanks
joe santana

Users who are viewing this thread