Air pump relocation for Power Pipe & D1SC?

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
Where can I relocate the air pump on my 98 Cobra? It has already been moved once with the procharger kit. Now it needs to be moved again for the power pipe? I do not want to remove it. I searched but did not find much.

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
Honestly, i just found an empty bolt hole on the outside of the engine bay in fenderwell and plopped it in there. To get mine to fit its upside down of its normal orientation.

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
Honestly, i just found an empty bolt hole on the outside of the engine bay in fenderwell and plopped it in there. To get mine to fit its upside down of its normal orientation.

Thanks, I will take a look:beer:, and by the way did you run your dual walbro setup lines up the drivers, or passenger side? I think I am going to the passenger side following the stock lines.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The last time I was in the fenderwell replacing the CCRM, I relocated the air pump to a spare bedroom in my house. It wasn't hooked up to anything, so I took it out. Threw a code, but I think you can turn that off in the tune.

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
The last time I was in the fenderwell replacing the CCRM, I relocated the air pump to a spare bedroom in my house. It wasn't hooked up to anything, so I took it out. Threw a code, but I think you can turn that off in the tune.

I am going to run cats, so I am going to need it. Thanks for the reply:beer:

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
Thanks, I will take a look:beer:, and by the way did you run your dual walbro setup lines up the drivers, or passenger side? I think I am going to the passenger side following the stock lines.

One pump runs to the back of drivers side, the other to the back of passenger side. I ran each rails return line into the regulator (has 2 input ports) and then one return line back to the tank, works like a charm. Note i am using aftermarket rails which allow this, im not exactly sure how it works with stock rails, I believe you would have to y block the two lines back into a single feed and run it to the passenger rail.

All in all, it was a pretty painless install. The worst part of the whole deal was putting the fittings on the braided line. Installing the new wiring and putting in the fuel pump relay was pretty easy if you have a decent understanding of electrical wiring.

Installing the gas tank and pumps is definately the easiest part, or was for me at least.

Last edited:

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
One pump runs to the back of drivers side, the other to the back of passenger side. I ran each rails return line into the regulator (has 2 input ports) and then one return line back to the tank, works like a charm. Note i am using aftermarket rails which allow this, im not exactly sure how it works with stock rails, I believe you would have to y block the two lines back into a single feed and run it to the passenger rail.

All in all, it was a pretty painless install. The worst part of the whole deal was putting the fittings on the braided line. Installing the new wiring and putting in the fuel pump relay was pretty easy if you have a decent understanding of electrical wiring.

Installing the gas tank and pumps is definately the easiest part, or was for me at least.

Yea I have aeromotive fuel rail, so I am only running one return line back also. I have push lock fittings, which are a pain. I may run all the lines down the passenger side following the factory fuel lines. Thanks for the info, nice to see what others are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread