Air Raid vs. Chikenears stg. 1 kit

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Any body running a JLP Thunderpipe with either the air raid CAI kit or the chikenears stg. 1 kit? Looking to see if there will be any fitement issues. Don't really need the chrome intake tube, but if I have to. I can just sell the JLP Thunderpipe as I am looking to upgrade to a somewhat closed air box to help with hot air coming into the filter and a cleaner look. If you have pictures please post them up.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I got the chickenears unit...i love the damned thing.
The only gripe i have is that the screws that hold the top on arent stainless...but if thats all i can bitch about its a moot point.

mpdone3.jpg

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Chickenears is good on their word from what I've seen. I find some...no, most of their products gaudy but they're at least of high quality and backed by good customer service. IMO, you can't ask for much more.

wayboarder

Established Member
The only gripe i have is that the screws that hold the top on arent stainless...but if thats all i can bitch about its a moot point.

mpdone3.jpg

I love my stage 3 as well, 1 gripe and I couldnt agree with you more, It should come with stainless screws!

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member

mpdone3.jpg

Were you able to buy just the box or did you have to buy the air force one intake tube as well?

But before I pull the trigger I would like to see some shots of the air raid kit installed also.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Were you able to buy just the box or did you have to buy the air force one intake tube as well?

But before I pull the trigger I would like to see some shots of the air raid kit installed also.

i just bought their stage 1 kit...its just the box and filter...however this was also 2 years ago lol

qwklightning

Established Member
Chickenears is a very high quality system. I have the cool-aid-forced air and love it. I opted for the billit cove which pretty much seals off the box except where air comes in from the fender. I know there is know way to prove it but I think the forced air makes a difference.

100_9188.jpg

100_9185.jpg

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I also may go with a JLP Air box as well. Just not decided yet since I have seen no air raid set ups yet.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
I also may go with a JLP Air box as well. Just not decided yet since I have seen no air raid set ups yet.

Get with Stan to get you a real CAI kit, did you ever see mine?? takes the filter out of the engine bay all together, the temps dropped a ton once I put the DMP CAI on

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
I have the chickenears stage 1 too like in that picture. IFrom looking at mine, it looks like it pulls the hot air from the engine bay...?

There should be a piece of plexiglass under the lid that seals almost all of the box off from the engine compartment. That plexiglass should go almost all the way to the fender. Matt

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Get with Stan to get you a real CAI kit, did you ever see mine?? takes the filter out of the engine bay all together, the temps dropped a ton once I put the DMP CAI on

I remember your CAI...it looks great until I factor in that my truck is a daily driver and rain is a bitch :)

Users who are viewing this thread