Air to water intercooler

330mach1

Established Member
I had a buddy with a 1999 cobra. He's looking to go turbo but wants to keep it as much of a sleeper as he can. He wanted to do an air to air intercooler but paint it black. I suggested an air to water intercooler like some vortech kits come with so there is nothing to see. I was wondering what your opinions were on this?

My thoughts were if he goes with an air to air intercooler he loses alot of the sleeper look and might as well leave the intercooler unpainted.

As for the water to air intercooler I was unsure how much this would affect the system. because it is cooler by a liquid and would start to get hot after several runs and could cause hotter iat's.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Tell him to run E85 or meth and he really wouldnt need an intercooler. I never really understood hiding stuff cause its only a matter of time before people know, as soon as he lets off the gas in boost they are gonna hear the turbo so why go through the trouble.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
i feel like unless he is gonna be using this for a drag car only A/A is the way to go. And unless he never gets in boost his turbo secret wont be a secret long.

Just paint it black and be done.

fangs99

Established Member
I think the point of keeping the turbo a secret is before he gets a run.... The surprise is over once the turbo spools... But then it's two late for the other guy too.

Users who are viewing this thread