Airbag Reset Connector

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Guys,

I have a code 52 on the airbag from a dead battery, I know I can reset the code to make the light stop. The only problem is I can't find the connector under the glove box. Is it hidden somewhere or just hanging? Thanks for the help.

I also found that fuse wasn't even installed on in fuse box which I thought was also weird.

Last edited:

1993 Mustang

Established Member
I have the same problem. I have searched the forums and cannot find a solution. How did you get a dead battery diagnosis?

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
You can watch the airbag light flash to determine the fault. It threw a code 52 since the battery voltage dropped below 8V. Apparently this is pretty common when you get a dead battery. Problem is a can't find the connector to reset it.

This website will help, Mustang FAQ - Wiring & Engine Info

buddha93

Established Member
Odd as I've killed a battery or two and never had the airbag light flash at me. To my knowledge, there is no connector to reset the airbag light, though you can reset the MIL light on the dash.

Well slap me silly, but I did find this as I was doing a bit of research on it:

How To Clear An Air Bag Code - MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

I can't say if this works for a Fox car though. Post back up if this works for you. I'd like to know myself.

Last edited:

1993 Mustang

Established Member
This is my situation. NEVER have I had any engine light or bad codes show up on my dashboard in the many years I have owned the vehicle. But just recently I changed the tfi distributor plug that connects to the distributor because the stock oem original was faded and not too pleasant looking. So, I purchased an aftermarket one, cut the wires with a wire cutter , put the plastic tubes to connect the wires, crimped the wires with a wire tool and connected it to the distributor. The second I turned on the car, my airbag started to flash. I am going to put the original oem plug back on and take it from there. I am thinking that that has to be my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread