Airport Employee steals Alaska Air commercial jet at SEATAC

cbj5259

Established Member
Dude probably got some kick ass selfies before it was all over though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It’s a barometer study.

You have to be very gullible or trusting to think a flight mechanic with no training is getting that thing off the ground because they played some plane video games.

Open eyes and ears friends, and patriots. Dark days ahead. The goal will be to paint patriots as terrorists, dictator supporters, and fascists. Call me nuts, I think anyone buying this story is a dumb ass

Read up on how Hitler was presented in the early 1930’s... read up on real history, not the UNESCO crap.

There’s a media game that gets played. What crap can be put out that can be presented in a way that people believe it. It gives string pullers a barometer.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that plane was set for retirement or decommission, or well insured. For all we know, Alaska airlines wants to see what happened as much as we do, I don’t think they had any hand in it but who the hell knows

I’ve talked with pilots a bit about plane theft in general, none of them ever buy the idea a novice can just hop in and take off or hijack the plane. They get that a pilot can be forced to fly ie a weapon to their head, but without experience and training, you don’t hop in this cockpit and drive to Starbucks.

74504EAD-362D-4BA6-9BDA-4496ACD126A8.jpeg

Last edited:

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Flight simulators are extremely accurate these days. Getting them started would be easy if you dedicated the time to finding out where the switches are, which is what a simulator will do. We use cockpit trainers extensively prior to flight so that we don’t waste valuable time in the actual aircraft. However, just because he was a mechanic by profession does not mean he didn’t fly as a hobby. I know several that do it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Flight simulators are extremely accurate these days. Getting them started would be easy if you dedicated the time to finding out where the switches are, which is what a simulator will do. We use cockpit trainers extensively prior to flight so that we don’t waste valuable time in the actual aircraft. However, just because he was a mechanic by profession does not mean he didn’t fly as a hobby. I know several that do it.

Some definitely have flight experience, they go in as ground crew, maintenance to get their foot in the door.

FJohnny

Established Member
It’s a barometer study.

You have to be very gullible or trusting to think a flight mechanic with no training is getting that thing off the ground because they played some plane video games.

Open eyes and ears friends, and patriots. Dark days ahead. The goal will be to paint patriots as terrorists, dictator supporters, and fascists. Call me nuts, I think anyone buying this story is a dumb ass.

Ha ha......

Oh, you're serious? Pretty sure I could watch a 15 minute youtube instructional video three times over and not only get that plane off the ground but fully complete the barrel roll and not have to turn it into a loop. And so could any mechanically minded person.

But hang on to the conspiracy theory if you want to. Whatever floats your boat.

By the way, I read somewhere that social media posts that appeal to 'patriots' and try to inspire mindless fear and paranoia and then call me a dumb ass is likely part of the Russian campaign to disrupt and divide us and then take over. Am I just imagining that?

Anyway, no offense intended. I'm just a bit cautious and watch too much tv.

All the best to you.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ha ha......

Oh, you're serious? Pretty sure I could watch a 15 minute youtube instructional video three times over and not only get that plane off the ground but fully complete the barrel roll and not have to turn it into a loop. And so could any mechanically minded person.

But hang on to the conspiracy theory if you want to. Whatever floats your boat.

By the way, I read somewhere that social media posts that appeal to 'patriots' and try to inspire mindless fear and paranoia and then call me a dumb ass is likely part of the Russian campaign to disrupt and divide us and then take over. Am I just imagining that?

Anyway, no offense intended. I'm just a bit cautious and watch too much tv.

All the best to you.

Thanks, none taken. You couldn’t watch a 15 minute video and take off in that plane.

I’m pretty sure of it.

I’m mechanically inclined, I’ve wired 3 phase and rebuilt transmissions, fabricated roll cages and built small sheds and patios from scratch, rebuilt entire bathrooms and kitchens, poored driveways, and disassembled so many things I won’t even bother listing.

I’ve also played flight simulators since the 90’s, and been inside g5’s and g6’s. I could possibly get the plane to move on the runway. Maybe.

I’ve flown in small planes a handful of times.

Without real training, his flight path ain’t happening. Watch the vids on it. He would have had to have tail control mastered to pitch the plane the way he does multiple times. He was trying to perform tricks with a 70+ seating plane. Think of the physics. When that puppy stops climbing vertically, it will snap downward. You can’t catch that just by getting lucky with the levers. You have to know where the controls are.

You’re being told to believe a novice with “mental issues” essentially hijacked a drift car and drifted the streets of NYC perfectly for an hour, at very fast clip, then slammed a wall at 100mph.

The novice will easily slam the wall at 100mph in a drift car, but they won’t do great and dandy for an hour before doing so.

He flew for about an hour.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Some definitely have flight experience, they go in as ground crew, maintenance to get their foot in the door.

Experience makes a world of difference. Whether it’s to be believed or not, this guy states he had never flown before but admits he had time in a simulator.

I’m suspicious of a novice doing this.

We’ve all played lots of world of tanks, without real training none of us is moving a tank, get realx

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I honestly think no one was in the plane, and bad actors want to see what kind of coverage from mainstream to full on conspiracy gets spun out of the story so they can see what else they need to ban or suppress.

Mid term elections coming up, if you can suppress news on the right...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I’m currently typing this on a Delta flight due to land @SEA-TAC in the next hour...pilot says things are “back to normal” and we should land. Glad my wife traveling with me is asleep...

Crazy #@€£s!

Dude, you were sitting in a chair in the sky.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
As long as T Money is still alive and in control, there is no way I can buy Into any grand world order conspiracy. Not that I would anyway lol.

Trump is the living, breathing anti conspiracy, anti Washington, anti establishment. He can’t be controlled.

They would have wacked his ass by now.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I would think an airline mechanic would easily be able to start and taxi an airplane. I'm a broadcast engineer, and while I can't effectively run a switcher in real time, nor a robotic camera, I can easily go through the same motions a video operator/robotic camera operator, or TD would need to do, albeit without their skill levels.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Thanks, none taken. You couldn’t watch a 15 minute video and take off in that plane.

I’m pretty sure of it.

I’m mechanically inclined, I’ve wired 3 phase and rebuilt transmissions, fabricated roll cages and built small sheds and patios from scratch, rebuilt entire bathrooms and kitchens, poored driveways, and disassembled so many things I won’t even bother listing.

I’ve also played flight simulators since the 90’s, and been inside g5’s and g6’s. I could possibly get the plane to move on the runway. Maybe.

I’ve flown in small planes a handful of times.

Without real training, his flight path ain’t happening. Watch the vids on it. He would have had to have tail control mastered to pitch the plane the way he does multiple times. He was trying to perform tricks with a 70+ seating plane. Think of the physics. When that puppy stops climbing vertically, it will snap downward. You can’t catch that just by getting lucky with the levers. You have to know where the controls are.

You’re being told to believe a novice with “mental issues” essentially hijacked a drift car and drifted the streets of NYC perfectly for an hour, at very fast clip, then slammed a wall at 100mph.

The novice will easily slam the wall at 100mph in a drift car, but they won’t do great and dandy for an hour before doing so.

He flew for about an hour.

The flying part is easy, all planes generally fly the same. Ever heard of a yaw damper? I enjoy your knowledge on several other sub-forums, but your lack of knowledge with such a strong opinion is hysterical. What levers are you talking about? The yoke?!?

blk02edge

Established Member
The flying part is easy, all planes generally fly the same. Ever heard of a yaw damper? I enjoy your knowledge on several other sub-forums, but your lack of knowledge with such a strong opinion is hysterical. What levers are you talking about? The yoke?!?
Just gonna save you some time, you are preaching to a man who will not ever not point to conspiracy. A squrirell could chew the wires in his car and it would be the govt that did it

blk02edge

Established Member
I did just ask a buddy who is FO on an air canada dash 8-100 how possible it is for a lone nut job to steal with sim training. I do know sim training is practically 1:1 real these days.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
This guy was nothing more than someone, to put it in his own words, had 'a few screws loose'. I kind of feel bad for him because whatever was troubling him he didn't have any desire to harm anyone else other than himself like some of these other nut jobs.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt he did a full walk around and figured how many pounds of fuel or his V1 and V2, but if you have a few hours on a flight sim with a twin engine and a knowledge of where the basic controls are for that aircraft and watching normal departures day in and out of that airport it's not that crazy to think he could go off and play "Tex" Johnston for an hour, especially in an aircraft with a High wing.
Sloppy ass barrel roll though, the Dash is fairly predictable (as long as it's not icing up), it is not like a B-52 where the axis for roll moves out to the wingtip opposite the roll direction.

Sent from my Note8

Users who are viewing this thread