AL is jacked beyond belief

usmcrebel

Established Member
i finally found a generator o power my wifes laptop. Everything here is completely screwed. 1 mil with no power. estimated 5-9 days with zero power. should be quicker than that. Don't worry about the nuke plant if someone is runnign their trap about it, we are not japan we shut it down successfully. hospitals are beyond max capacity. homes neighborhoods and even entre towns do not exist anymore.
pray for us.

kirbyg16

Established Member
I just posted in the other thread about this. But, where in Albama are you guys? My dad is in Huntsville right now and they have gone from doing a jobsite there to mini rescue missions. He sent me some pics and it is nuts there right now.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Man, that's terrible. Hope you and your family are safe and have little damage. Some weird weather right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Talked to an old friend on his cell phone tonight, the tornado that hit Tuscaloosa was within 5 miles of his house.

I feel for all of those that lost so much.

-Brian

GHIG RTR

Banned
I'll find out tomorrow if I'm shipping out to there to restore phone svc. So far we've loaned out techs to Oklahoma from TX to work their storm jobs. Now they are asking us for volunteers to head to Alabama, minimum 1 month away from home.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sorry to hear that, we go lucky and only got some wind and rain. I cant even begin to imagine how it is over there.

We are praying for you.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
A TON of damage.

204+ dead

Some whole towns were wiped out.

Tuscaloosa has major damage (as do many other places).

UAB ER was fairly calm after this morning. Some smaller facilities were maxed and unprepared for this level of devastation.

Amazing power; 1-mile wide path, F4/5...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohIVzIZLuQ"]YouTube - 4/27/11 - Tuscaloosa Tornado[/nomedia]

YouTube - B'ham Metro Tornado Damage Aerials Part 1

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6giQ3csbUg&feature=share"]YouTube - Tuscaloosa Tornado Damage Aerials Part 1[/nomedia]

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Luckily my family in Huntsville's okay. They arent expected to have power for 4 more days though.

Tuscaloosa got the worst of it though. Thoughts are with them.

usmcrebel

Established Member
I just posted in the other thread about this. But, where in Albama are you guys? My dad is in Huntsville right now and they have gone from doing a jobsite there to mini rescue missions. He sent me some pics and it is nuts there right now.

We are in huntsville and help people out as we can. letting people store stuff in our fridge like insulin and baby stuff.

A TON of damage.

204+ dead

Some whole towns were wiped out.

Tuscaloosa has major damage (as do many other places).

UAB ER was fairly calm after this morning. Some smaller facilities were maxed and unprepared for this level of devastation.

Amazing power; 1-mile wide path, F4/5...

YouTube - 4/27/11 - Tuscaloosa Tornado

YouTube - B'ham Metro Tornado Damage Aerials Part 1

YouTube - Tuscaloosa Tornado Damage Aerials Part 1

Weather is definately something not to mess with death toll is up to 300 i expect to see 500+ sadly

Luckily my family in Huntsville's okay. They arent expected to have power for 4 more days though.

Tuscaloosa got the worst of it though. Thoughts are with them.

Good to hear bro, if there is anyone from Al needs their family checked on please let me know if the are in he hsv area i will go check on them.

750k got power back this morning only 250k more to go... i'll be checking back every so often.

BittenInBama

Established Member
My dad is in Hamilton, AL; still no power and they are telling them water will run out this weekend if power is not restored.

I have heard some stories first hand that absolutely break your heart! Families with one child dead and that child's spouse still missing! So many like that across the state I'm sure.

7.62x51

Established Member
hey usmcrebel, so sorry to hear buddy, but atleast we can see the bigger picture (you know what Im talking about). Stay strong man, prayers are with you and your family

usmcrebel

Established Member
My dad is in Hamilton, AL; still no power and they are telling them water will run out this weekend if power is not restored.

I have heard some stories first hand that absolutely break your heart! Families with one child dead and that child's spouse still missing! So many like that across the state I'm sure.

water isn't running out. put his mind at ease, if it does, pm and he can stay with me until all is well.

hey usmcrebel, so sorry to hear buddy, but atleast we can see the bigger picture (you know what Im talking about). Stay strong man, prayers are with you and your family

thanks bro, today i was able to get my faimly set for a few days while i go help clean this disaster up.
I went driving to see where i could help and all i can say is...this place is far worse than the news is saying. neigborhoods with families i knew are gone. there are some roads so damaged that the national gaurd unit is having to guard to keep people safe.
tomorrow is going to be rough helping people that just lost everything they ever had.:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread