Alarm for my '03 Cobra

03miamisnake

Established Member
Getting an alarm, what's everyone using? I have heard good things about the clifford Intelliguard line.

SNK BITN

Established Member
I just got an alpine alarm installed in the vert, I'm very pleased, especially with the price. I'll see if I can find out what model I got, but it does have:

remote start
windows
trunk pop
2 seperate alarm tones

and some other stuff I dont understand.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I looked around a lot when I was shopping for one for my '03 Cobra. Clifford, Viper, and Audiovox Prestige kept getting recommended. I went with the Audiovox because the Circuit City manager [who has a Cobra] said for the money and for the lack of false alarms, it was a good one. The only problem I had was with the 30 minute signal that Ford cars send out which trips the alarm. You have to double diode isolate the doors and trunk to stop it from going off after 30 mins. No other problems except when I forgot it was on and leaned in my window to get something. It scared the you know what out of me and I had to run for the house to grab my keys to turn it off. Circuit City had the best deals in my opinion.

nj7703

Established Member
I got this Viper for my vert, and i love it. It had a keyfob with a small LCD that signals you if your alarm is going off, so if you go into the mall, and someone smashes your window, the keyfob will illuminate and go off. You may have to hightail it to get your car, but for me this is good at work. My building is airtight and my car is in sight distance but the alarm is not heard, but with the keyfob i would know it was going off, and i would be handing down beatdowns in 20 seconds or so.

http://www.directed.com/security/viper/viper_responder.asp

out99sider

Established Member
hey snk bitn, any more info on that alarm. im interested, especially in the remote start since its alpine. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread