Alarm Opinions

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
I was curious to know if anyone has put an alarm on their car yet, and if so, what brand and how much was total install? I was told that Clifford, the origional alarm company I was going to buy from, was bought out by someone else. The guy I was talking to sent me this:

The following quote is for the installation of a complete AVITAL alarm system to be installed on a '03 Ford Mustang Cobra. Some items can be subtraced to lessen the overall cost. The time needed to do this alarm may take a full day to install and is added into the total cost of the alarm.

AVITAL 2200 alarm w/keyless entry and trunk release 260.00
530t window automation (auto roll up and down) 180.00
508d field disturbance 90.00
507t tilt sensor 90.00
506t glass/audio sensor 60.00
513t interior siren/pain generator 40.00
795w pager 195.00
Total Installed - 924.00

Does this sound right? Is this a good and reliable brand? I was quoted about $400.00 for this other guy to do it. I read him the above, and he said it was the same alarm, minus the AVITAL name on the box, therefore allowing him to sell it cheaper. Sorry for the length. Any comments are greatly welcomed.

Chelsea

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I'd stick with Clifford. They were bought out by DEI which also owns Avital. I like the future upgrade/interchangeable capabilities of Clifford.

maoun

Established Member
stick with clifford's G4 line...NOTHING ELSE..

trust me, i know alarms....pm me if you want more info

m.

B

blown03cobra

have you checked out Avant Guard? EDIT, nevermind, thats the G4 :loser:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Have heard good things about the Clifford G4 system.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Clifford 8000 is a very nice system, had mine for a while, like it very much.

maoun

Established Member
micro-switch kill switches are pretty good if you don't want to spend much money at all...

just a button you hit every time you enter the car..

easy to defeat though....follow the wires

nice thing about the clifford's is they're wireless

m.

RAP66

Established Member
How are you installing these systems over the factory "beep beep" alarm?

advise please :)

Litespeed

CYAH
Established Member
I had a Clifford Concept 600 and will probably get a similar system when the Cobra arrives. I was wondering if anyone has the black jax installed and if they've had any problems with it (other than remembering to enter your code each time). In an old post, someone said that Traction Control may interfere with black jax.

Thanks.

maoun

Established Member
why would they interfere? i don't buy that...i had it on my last stang and loved it. prevented stupid friends from taking my car from me :)

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by hard jokur
that's just a lock/unlock??? or am I missgin something?

Yep. No alarm. The horn/lights thing is just to confirm it's locked once you hit the button a second time. If it's loud where you park, you can't hear the thunk of the locks on the first press, so it does that on the second press.

I'll do that to make it look like an alarm though when I park it and have to leave it. It fools plenty of people. You too I guess ;-)

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
Thanks for all of the input. The guy I talked to said he hooked me up with the "best stuff for the best car (he drives an SVT Contour)." I was also told that this system was equivalent to the AvantGuard. I am a bit more interested in knowing if someone is around my car than the total theft aspect, although this system will cover that too. I would probably kill someone if my car got keyed or vandalized.

Users who are viewing this thread