Albertans!

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
For me that was what all the fussing was about. I bought mine in October 2004. We got an X-plan through work, and it was 0% and Ford had a $1,000 rebate. But Jubille would not honor the X-plan pricing. To make a long story short, it turns out it is their option to give the plan on a car like the Cobra. We didn't make too much of a stink about it, we just looked out of province to try and get the Redfire, which was the color I wanted to get from Jubilee.

One thing that shocked me is how few of a supply of Cobra's there were available at that time. In Alta. there were only 2 or 3 Coupes (black and white). In Manitoba the local dealer I was working with could only find one - white. In BC there were 2 blacks and a Torch red? In Ontario, they had my Redfire. So we had it brought in, kind of a hassle.

compcobra

Established Member
Jubilee told me that they wanted full price for the 04 cobras with the 0%, but i could have got a 03 coupe for about 40000 with a 7% rate. They knew there was a limited supply of cobras and would get what they wanted for them especially my orange one. Apparently there was a lot of interest from other dealers abroad on my car.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
compcobra said:
Jubilee told me that they wanted full price for the 04 cobras with the 0%, but i could have got a 03 coupe for about 40000 with a 7% rate. They knew there was a limited supply of cobras and would get what they wanted for them especially my orange one. Apparently there was a lot of interest from other dealers abroad on my car.

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. It is a bit of a sellers market on a car like that. We just don't get the number of cars that the US does. Which makes our cars even more rare.

compcobra

Established Member
I bought a US mustang trader and was amazed to see so many cobras for sale. As you said it is rare to see any for sale in Canada, but I guess that is good for us that do own cobras north of the border.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
I bought mine off a older guy last April for 37,500 with only 13,000kms on it.
I wasn't planning on buying a Cobra but was checking the autotrader and came across it. THought it was a good deal and went and looked at it, 2 days later it was in my garage....haha. The GF was pissed at first at me.
Similar cars at that time were going for 5-9G more so it was a hard deal to pass up.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
I'm pretty excited as well because as of this month she's all paid off too!!
Now I don't feel bad modding it. I don't like putting money into something that I still owe money on.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
We could pay it off now, but it seems silly b/c we have 0% on the loan.

cobra04svt

Pegasus
Established Member
Hey folks! :beer:
Satin Silver 04 in Edmonton (sleeping), Magna Flow Cat Back,KNPK.
Ordered and waiting for MGW shifter have some of the interior stuff. Shopping tires and rims, taking a hard look at 18x9 18x10R deepdish chrome Bullits with KDW tires.Window tint in May and x pipe and tune for this year. Anyone going to Three Hills in June?

SVTContique

Im in South Calgary too, Everyone here should go join up and check out www.svtoa.ca

They have some track and dyno dates setup, also some show and shine stuff too, it should be a good summer.

im CSVT on the SVTOA board

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
cobra04svt said:
Hey folks! :beer:
Satin Silver 04 in Edmonton (sleeping), Magna Flow Cat Back,KNPK.
Ordered and waiting for MGW shifter have some of the interior stuff. Shopping tires and rims, taking a hard look at 18x9 18x10R deepdish chrome Bullits with KDW tires.Window tint in May and x pipe and tune for this year. Anyone going to Three Hills in June?

I had my car at Three Hills last summer. I think I may have seen you there with your Wife. There was a Satin Silver 04 with Maggies.
I plan on going to Three Hills again this summer but probably will bring my coupe.

cobra04svt

Pegasus
Established Member
That was us Repostman, were you parked with a heard of other ponies? Looks like Three Hillls is a go for us again this year hopefully it stays sunny.

04torchred

Established Member
rotty421 said:
Hello

Black 03 vert in Rocky Mountain House. Would love to have a meet somewhere in Alberta and check out some sweet rides.

Hey man I can meet you up in Rocky Moutain House this summer. We wakeboard out at crimson lake, you might have seen my brothers black Mach 1 or my torchred coupe driving around Rocky before. My parents have an 05 F350 Harley that is hard to miss with the custom striping, usually pulling a Wakesetter VLX. I am pretty much up there every weekend from the middle of May till the end of August. We do a lot of boarding! Schyler

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
SVTkel said:
For me that was what all the fussing was about. I bought mine in October 2004. We got an X-plan through work, and it was 0% and Ford had a $1,000 rebate. But Jubille would not honor the X-plan pricing. To make a long story short, it turns out it is their option to give the plan on a car like the Cobra. We didn't make too much of a stink about it, we just looked out of province to try and get the Redfire, which was the color I wanted to get from Jubilee.

One thing that shocked me is how few of a supply of Cobra's there were available at that time. In Alta. there were only 2 or 3 Coupes (black and white). In Manitoba the local dealer I was working with could only find one - white. In BC there were 2 blacks and a Torch red? In Ontario, they had my Redfire. So we had it brought in, kind of a hassle.

When I saw the 03 Cobra come out I wanted one bad. As we all saw, supply was short and price high.

I started looking for a used one in late 04, bought a 10th anny last summer in Tennassee. Exhaust, catback, upperpully, CAI, Nitto's x4, predator tuner and less than 11,000 miles.

The price, $24,800 us. By the time we factored in the exchange, tax at border, inspection, trip expenses (air miles to fly) the car came in at $29,890 Can.

Made a week long vacation w/ the wife. What a blast driving across the states.

If anyone is considering getting an 03/04 Cobra I would seriously look at this.

Oh, no where near Alta., on the Island in BC.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
firemedic said:
When I saw the 03 Cobra come out I wanted one bad. As we all saw, supply was short and price high.

I started looking for a used one in late 04, bought a 10th anny last summer in Tennassee. Exhaust, catback, upperpully, CAI, Nitto's x4, predator tuner and less than 11,000 miles.

The price, $24,800 us. By the time we factored in the exchange, tax at border, inspection, trip expenses (air miles to fly) the car came in at $29,890 Can.

Made a week long vacation w/ the wife. What a blast driving across the states.

If anyone is considering getting an 03/04 Cobra I would seriously look at this.

Oh, no where near Alta., on the Island in BC.

That would have been fun man.

rotty421

Established Member
Hey 04torchred, you bet, let me know come spring when you are planning on coming to Rocky. Can't say that I have seen the mustangs but you are right the F350 Harley is hard to miss. Great area to live if you like going to the lake. PM me anytime.

Chad

04torchred said:
Hey man I can meet you up in Rocky Moutain House this summer. We wakeboard out at crimson lake, you might have seen my brothers black Mach 1 or my torchred coupe driving around Rocky before. My parents have an 05 F350 Harley that is hard to miss with the custom striping, usually pulling a Wakesetter VLX. I am pretty much up there every weekend from the middle of May till the end of August. We do a lot of boarding! Schyler

04torchred

Established Member
rotty421 said:
Hey 04torchred, you bet, let me know come spring when you are planning on coming to Rocky. Can't say that I have seen the mustangs but you are right the F350 Harley is hard to miss. Great area to live if you like going to the lake. PM me anytime.

Chad

For sure man, we will start heading up there in May(will for sure be there May long). If you board maybe pop out sometime and wakeboard, we get the wake rollin pretty good :-D Can't wait to try out the new 06 VLX.
Schyler

Users who are viewing this thread