Alcoa Wheels -VS- Budnik GTB wheels

Alcoa Super Snake Wheels -VS- Budnik GTB Wheels

• Total voters

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I'm not a fan of the alcoas myself, they're offset is far from ideal. Have you seen the new super sports from TF? Similar in style. Budniks look good, a bit more like the new Shelby wheels

Gabed1972

Established Member
I'm not a fan of the alcoas myself, they're offset is far from ideal. Have you seen the new super sports from TF? Similar in style. Budniks look good, a bit more like the new Shelby wheels

Those new super sports look really nice! Which finish would look best with ruby red with white stripes chrome or polished?

Myfast70

Established Member

^^^^

This was pretty much what I posted above. Sorry to say but the Alcoa's are played out and offset is not the greatest. I do like the TF wheels (sans the bolts, too hard to clean and keep clean). I think you'd be in a win win wether polished or had coated dark grey or black. Chrome would probably be easier to maintain over polished.

smrtasp

Established Member
Alcoas are my preference here as well. I have a set and a pair being widened by Eric that I should have back this week but I'm going to sell them. I saw a SGM 2013 with them on it in the stock finish and don't like it as much as I did when I had a set on my white 08. I'm sure someone will scoop them up. I'm going to sell them for exactly what I paid including the widening to 11 for the rears so it will be the same as buying them direct from Shelby and having them widened afterwards.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I voted Alcoas because I did not like the looks of the budnik GTB's.

That being said, there are WAY too many GT500's running around St. Louis with the SS wheels.

I am thinking TF for my car.

E

Gabed1972

Established Member
I voted Alcoas because I did not like the looks of the budnik GTB's.

That being said, there are WAY too many GT500's running around St. Louis with the SS wheels.

I am thinking TF for my car.

E

What do others think of the new Shelby CS40 Wheels -VS- Alcoa's?

Shelby CS40 Wheel

:idea:

TORQJNKY

I think the Budnik GTB's and the CS40's have visually too much going on. 20x10 Alcoas up front and widened Alcoa's in the rear look sweet. It's all in the set up with the Alcoa's IMO. And when you say both cost about the same, is that retail for the Alcoa's or with the "no longer made" mark up?

Last edited:

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I do want to say thanks for mentioning the budnik wheels. I have a pro-touring idea in my head and those wheels would be perfect.

Myfast70

Established Member
Look up the CCW 505A wheels. There's a member that has them on an '09 Shelby (I think that's the year) and they look amazing! I'm surprised more people don't run Fikse or CCW wheels. They make great looking wheels for a reasonable price compared to some others out there and have a great racing history

Gabed1972

Established Member
I agree with Myfast70. The CCW wheels are pretty nice as well. These are really nice looking: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...54-ordered-new-ccw-sp16a-hybrid-my-gt500.html

Thanks for everyone's input I was able to Got a brand-new set of all colors today at a very reasonable price shipped. After seeing the polling it was a no-brainer to go with the Alcoa's.

I guess we can all debate which ones look better but I don't think there's The debate about which wheels will have a better resale value.

:beer:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Alcoas are my preference here as well. I have a set and a pair being widened by Eric that I should have back this week but I'm going to sell them. I saw a SGM 2013 with them on it in the stock finish and don't like it as much as I did when I had a set on my white 08. I'm sure someone will scoop them up. I'm going to sell them for exactly what I paid including the widening to 11 for the rears so it will be the same as buying them direct from Shelby and having them widened afterwards.

I really like the Alcoas, PM me when you are ready to sell maybe ill be interested, Chrome?

Users who are viewing this thread