alignment after lowering springs?

aztsm

Are any of you getting/required an alignment after installing new springs? Just wondering if I should really expect too after my install.

sloppymax

Established Member
I would suggest having an alignment after you replace any components in the suspension. The money you spend for the alignment will pale in comparison to replacing tires early. Just be aware the camber is adjustable in the rear as it seems some people are not aware. I would also want to ensure the toe is as close to neutral as possible.

aztsm

That being said, I'm wondering if people are using factory specs or other? I see eibach had different specs depending on drop. I went with Ford racing m5300x

Dcrypter

Established Member
I didn't get it done after i got my springs put on and in retrospect I probably should have because the rear tire wear is a little uneven(slightly more wear on the inside). It didn't really shorten tire life for me since i've never had p zeros last more than 7k miles on my rears.

tramotorsports

Established Member
i had mine realigned the next day. Toe was off on the front. Back was still good according to the guy at the dealership.

Gamble13GT

Established Member
Yes. They will need to adjust the Rear Camber bolt along with the toe with the IRS besides the front. Mine was off a tad bit

Users who are viewing this thread