alignment after lowering

nothing

nothing
Established Member
where are you guys taking your cars to get the wheels aligned after you change the suspension. I am in louisiana right oustide of new orleans and threee shops so far are saying they will not touch a car that has been lowered.

help!

Gucci_Mane

Established Member
Take it to the dealership. They will do a 4-wheel thrust alignment. Little bit more $$ than average, but its better.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
They won't touch it? I don't get that, but do what he said. Try the dealer. Last time I had my car aligned it cost 50-60 I think. That was about a year ago though, can't really remb. though.

Also, depending on how low your car got they might not be able to get it fully aligned. I had to get Caster/Camber plates to get it fully aligned up front.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
on my 99, i went to firestone and they told me they couldnt get it completely aligned even with the CC plates on.

Sadly, now im thinking about going back to firestone because they are across the street from work and i dont really know where else to go, plus i could just get the lifetime alignment and take that biatch in every couple weeks to get it closer each time if they throw that same excuse that time at me (just got my CC plates installed a week ago so its time)

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Take it to the dealership. They will do a 4-wheel thrust alignment. Little bit more $$ than average, but its better.
DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP! They will try to align the car to factory specs, and in my case even with MM caster/camber plates, they said they couldn't. This is from a SVT authorized dealer! :nonono: I then took it to BAP and Bill aligned it perfectly. I would suggest calling Maximum Motorsports or a reputable mustang shop in your area and ask them what settings are best for your car.

nothing

nothing
Established Member
DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP! They will try to align the car to factory specs, and in my case even with MM caster/camber plates, they said they couldn't. This is from a SVT authorized dealer! :nonono: I then took it to BAP and Bill aligned it perfectly. I would suggest calling Maximum Motorsports or a reputable mustang shop in your area and ask them what settings are best for your car.

that is the problem...there are none

antiv6

Established Member
i went to pep boys it was like 60 bucks. Every place i went said they could do it but their alignment racks arent low profile so my car might scrape. The pep boys i went to have the low profile alignment machines and they did great work

Deftones

Established Member
Sears did mine for $59.00 and 1 year warranty. I had CC Plates and it made it alot easier for them to do. Came out great and is perfect.

SpectorV

Established Member
I went to my local ford dealer, it got on the machine with out scraping and the guy took his time and talked to me about it to figure out how I would drive it, not just going by the book. He had to adjust it about 4 times to get the steering wheel just right as well.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Maximium motorsports has the alignment specs for lowered cars posted online. I used their specs 2 years ago, and the tires are wearing very evenly. The specs are listed on an adobe file. The file you are looking for is MMCC9904 the info you are needing is on page 5.
Read up and you will find that any alignment shop can align your car if you give them the correct #'s.

good luck

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
where did you take it?
Bill's Automotive Performance (BAP) in Maryland (he's a supporting vendor here on SVTP and also a MACA member). Bill knows Cobras, but he's probably a little too far of a drive for you...best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread