Alignment questions

Floridalawdog

Established Member
I am gonna be putting on the hotchkis tvs son. I am wondering if 1. Will the alignment shop know how to install the camber bolts at the time of the alignment. 2. Are the specs the same as the stock specs for aligning the tires. Thanks

Bootie

Established Member
If you want, you can do the camber bolts yourself. It easy and actually makes putting the front springs in easier IMO. Instead of unbolting the upper ball joint, just unbolt the upper control arm mounts and lower the assembly. Reinstall controll arm with the new camber bolts and take it easy to the alignment shop.

If you don't want to do it, I'm sure most alignment shops can do it for you. For alignment, I used stock specs.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I agree, put them in yourself because it is very simple. However, I can't imagine any alignment shop not knowing how to put them in though because they are commonly used to correct alignment after an accident. My friend doing mine actually asked me to put them in because they make it easier for him to align.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
SnipeJDM said:
If you want, you can do the camber bolts yourself. It easy and actually makes putting the front springs in easier IMO. Instead of unbolting the upper ball joint, just unbolt the upper control arm mounts and lower the assembly. Reinstall controll arm with the new camber bolts and take it easy to the alignment shop.

If you don't want to do it, I'm sure most alignment shops can do it for you. For alignment, I used stock specs.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread