All sorts of fuel system and tuning questions.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
I have a 13' Boss 302 with a Paxton on it currently making 640whp at about 6.5 psi on 93 using 52lb injectors. To make it short, the car leans out and the same thing is happening with another friends car although his has ID1000's and a BAP. The BAP is hitting 17.1 at WOT and fuel pressure drops from 58 to 34 by the end of the dyno pull. The ecu is commanding the fuel to get there but by around 5500 it starts leaning. A few people have told me the pump is bad, some have told me no way people make 700whp with that combo all day and there is something you can only see in the fuel tables using SCT scanner that you're missing. Confusion there.

That being said when I switch to 3.33 pulley and waste gate on my set up I know I will be out as well seeing as I already am running lean with just injectors on stock fuel system. I have a friend locally who has his 13' GT500 fuel hat and two pumps along with lines, regulator and BAP he is willing to sell me for a fair price. I've read on some posts it'll install right in no issues and others saying it won't work. I was looking at Sai's kit but for the price of the one local if it'll work I'd be a fool not to take it. Looking to make around 850whp safe so just trying to get an idea of what's going on and what's possible in all accounts here. Thank you.

cb900f

Established Member
I have a 13' Boss 302 with a Paxton on it currently making 640whp at about 6.5 psi on 93 using 52lb injectors. To make it short, the car leans out and the same thing is happening with another friends car although his has ID1000's and a BAP. The BAP is hitting 17.1 at WOT and fuel pressure drops from 58 to 34 by the end of the dyno pull. The ecu is commanding the fuel to get there but by around 5500 it starts leaning. A few people have told me the pump is bad, some have told me no way people make 700whp with that combo all day and there is something you can only see in the fuel tables using SCT scanner that you're missing. Confusion there.

That being said when I switch to 3.33 pulley and waste gate on my set up I know I will be out as well seeing as I already am running lean with just injectors on stock fuel system. I have a friend locally who has his 13' GT500 fuel hat and two pumps along with lines, regulator and BAP he is willing to sell me for a fair price. I've read on some posts it'll install right in no issues and others saying it won't work. I was looking at Sai's kit but for the price of the one local if it'll work I'd be a fool not to take it. Looking to make around 850whp safe so just trying to get an idea of what's going on and what's possible in all accounts here. Thank you.

What BAP do you have? There are the 20amp and 40 amp BAP. Sounds like the 20amp to me.
850whp isn't safe for long with a stock motor.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
700 - 800 RWHP is pretty realistic for a BOSS|RoadRunner motor. The driveline parts like the MT82, clutch assembly etc won't be happy for long though.

The 13|14 fuel hat will work, read here

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
The boost a pump is a kenne bell and I am not sure if it's a 20 or 40 but I will check today. People are telling me there are tables in the ecu that you need to change to maximize more allowed fuel output beyond what we already have done. Something that allows the fuel pump to increase its output even more volts than set factory when adding the boost a pump with Output voltage vs battery temperature. People are telling me I am crazy that I am saying its out of fuel with the BAP and injectors but I can't find any reason why it's doing what it's doing. I checked the output of the BAP at the fuel pump and everything is fine there.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
Anyone using the new budget JPC fuel system yet? Still having the same issue with the BAP. Had another tuner look at the car and the guy said everything is dead on besides one thing that's not allowing the boost a pump to do its full potential but being a rival tuner he wouldn't fill us in.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Just put in a budget E85 system from JPC this weekend. Top notch quality stuff made installing a breeze. A BAP is a bandaid and should make you nervous. I decided to give up on it before I went E85 for safe measure.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
Yeah, I hear you there. I'm budgeting myself about $2000 for car fun this season so that'll end up being fuel system and tires or I can do a BAP, transmission rebuild, driveshaft and tires or a combination of other items. I'm not trying to set the world on fire here but just trying to get a little more out of it on pump gas.

Users who are viewing this thread