All SVTP Military Members - ROLL CALL!!

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
One of our crew chiefs said it best....."Im glad the grunts are so locked on. Otherwise they would just be the dumb ones."

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
Branch - Air Force
Rank E-2/Airman
MOS - 3P031 Security Forces
Duty Station - Osan Korea.

First Term Airman. Korea is awsome so far.

NXSVTCOBRA

Branch:
US Army

MOS:
19K Tanker

Duty Stations:
Fort Knox; F 1-81(training); E 1-81 (cadre); HHT 1st Squadron, 16 Cavalry (cadre)
Fort Benning; HHC 2/69 Armor (HQ66 Tank); B 2/69 (B24 Tank); C 1-15 Infantry (C24 Tank)

Tours:
Several OIF/OEF vacations

Time in Service:
5 years

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
:lol:
You were an air winger!! youve always been NASTY!! JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING, i luv u air wingers. But im sure youve heard that stuff all through your enlistment. :beer:

ya heard it a lot. funny thing is I have seen it both ways. airwing guys hard core and dirt bag ground pounders, and then of course you have dirt bag air guys and squared away grunts.

and then I have stood in chow lines and heard conversations with grunts and thought to myself "damn, they let these guys have weapons, cause I doubt they can tie their boots!" and then had coversations with guys that I wondered why they were not collage proffesors.

there is always that 10%:rollseyes

all I care is that we are both on the same team of ass kickers!:rockon:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Wow...that's about the stupidest thing I've heard yet...and we're the dumb ones?

And you get your feelings hurt easily too. Its a joke. I like the ones who can dish it out but can't take it.

Last edited:

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
at the time it was more like what was i thinking, but now it was probably the greatest decision i ever made. going ground, hoping for tank commander or infantry officer. i wont be going to TBS for a lil while yet, still got 3 semesters left in school.

if you wanna be an io you better bust your a** in tbs and graduate at the top of your class. otherwise you won't get to pick and they only have a few io slots per class. my old plt cmdr and i had a pretty good discussion about this one day in an op while staring at the mt's of iran. best of luck to you in tbs, i've heard it's alot of fun :beer:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
if you wanna be an io you better bust your a** in tbs and graduate at the top of your class. otherwise you won't get to pick and they only have a few io slots per class. my old plt cmdr and i had a pretty good discussion about this one day in an op while staring at the mt's of iran. best of luck to you in tbs, i've heard it's alot of fun :beer:

For selection they do the tier thing. Quality spread if you will. Top of Top 3rd, Top of 2nd 3rd, Top of Bottom third, middle of top 3rd, etc.. As far as infantry slots and number of them it all depends on what the Marine Corps needs at your time of selection. You may have 4 total slots for a company of 270 or you may have 40. Just depends on the week of selection. They (Infantry Officers) do tend to be at the top of a lot of peoples lists though. Best thing you can do at TBS is do your best and the better you finish the better chance you have of getting what you want. Or you can strategically fail a test or something to drop you from bottom of the top third to top of the second third. J/K

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
And you get your feelings hurt easily too. Its a joke. I like the ones who can dish it out but can't take it.

Your right, my bad. I'm just edgy cause I'm on deployment right now, and it's been a rough one. But I do have to say nothing in the world is better than seeing a couple AH-64's roll in hot in the middle of a firefight. :beer:

FLspeed

Established Member
Branch: USAF
AFSC: 2T370 Special Purpose Vehicle Maintenance
Time in Service: Aug. 97- Jun. 05
OIF-2003
Damn Civilian contractor in Baghdad Nov. 07-Present

LDC2335

Established Member
USAF - 6.5 years
SSgt - E-5
hurlburt field FL- 6years - Cannon AFB, NM - 8 months :bash:
2w071 - munitions craftsman
oif twice, oef once

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Wow...that's about the stupidest thing I've heard yet...and we're the dumb ones?

This is news to you? LOL J/K. After going to SNCO acadamy etc I've learned that there is a lot more to being a grunt than "pull trigger- make gun go boom". However that being said you can't necessarily say that it's the most technical MOS/job out there. (albeit on of the most necessary) I did actually meet quite a few grunts with higher education though.....then there were also a few that were as smart as a bag of hammers too. I'd imagine every occfield has a similar spectrum. One of my co-workers, a GySgt, is working on his PHD- he already has 2 bachelors and a Masters.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Your right, my bad. I'm just edgy cause I'm on deployment right now, and it's been a rough one. But I do have to say nothing in the world is better than seeing a couple AH-64's roll in hot in the middle of a firefight. :beer:

I hear you. I get the same way out there. I have nothing against grunts at all. I love them. They are the whole reason I do what I do. Grunts are actually some of the smartest, most innovative people I have ever seen. I did my time with the infantry as a Forward Air Controller or as every one else calls them a JTAC. I just find it humorous when the usually younger ones talk trash about other MOS's. Most grunts or anyone else do not realize how professional and how hard those maintainers work to keep those aircraft showing up to support you guys. I can't do what I do if the aircraft are broke. Keep fighting the good fight out there and stay safe man. I'll be out there in 6 1/2 months. We will be down in RC South. How long you been with 10th MTN? I assume 3rd BCT. Didn't happen to do any time in OIF with 2nd BCT in 07 did you?

Last edited:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
1 purple heart, trying to get a bronze star. If Gen. North approves I'm golden.
Brett

Who tries to get a bronze star or any other award? I never met anyone who tried to get anything like that. The opportunity and circumstances put them in a situation, they did their duty and what they were trained to do. Someone else heard or witnessed said acts, thought it to be exemplary and wrote them up for the award. Most folks I know would trade the medal for not having to have been in the situation in which they earned the medal.

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
I've been put up for it. Just the routing takes forever. Trust me, I'd rather have none...
When you break your back and get shot. Let me know.
So please don't throw words in my mouth.

Thanks

;)

Users who are viewing this thread