All the dealers are charging $5000~$7000 over MSRP

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
Welp... I can't say I didn't see this one coming after I noticed similar practices with the Boss 302's.

Numerous dealerships I've called inquiring about getting on a waiting list or pre-ordering a new RS have pretty much said that they are requiring a $1000 non-refundable deposit and the car will be sold anywhere from 5k to 7k over msrp depending on who you talk to.

As bad ass as the RS is going to be, I am having a hard time justifying paying that much for the focus. Each dealer is only getting one aside from one large roush dealer in town getting 2 RS's and they all are spoken for but are giving me the option to get on a waiting list (still wanting that 1k deposit to get on the list)

This is absurd and depressing but I get it....

Also, expect for them to start arriving at dealerships in January some time.

midcow3

Established Member
Welp... I can't say I didn't see this one coming after I noticed similar practices with the Boss 302's.

Numerous dealerships I've called inquiring about getting on a waiting list or pre-ordering a new RS have pretty much said that they are requiring a $1000 non-refundable deposit and the car will be sold anywhere from 5k to 7k over msrp depending on who you talk to.

As bad ass as the RS is going to be, I am having a hard time justifying paying that much for the focus. Each dealer is only getting one aside from one large roush dealer in town getting 2 RS's and they all are spoken for but are giving me the option to get on a waiting list (still wanting that 1k deposit to get on the list)

This is absurd and depressing but I get it....

Also, expect for them to start arriving at dealerships in January some time.

if you look around you can find them for MSRP. Aren't you the guy that made the $3750 money-shift in your Golf R trying to go from 3rd to 4th and hit 2nd instead ?

Earliest arrival late February 2016 on RS
Most arriving Spring 2016

YMMV,

MidCow3

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
if you look around you can find them for MSRP. Aren't you the guy that made the $3750 money-shift in your Golf R trying to go from 3rd to 4th and hit 2nd instead ?

Earliest arrival late February 2016 on RS
Most arriving Spring 2016

YMMV,

MidCow3

Yup. I'm one of I think 4 guys now who have money shifted their R's. Another guy (bad_luck) on Vortex put 500 miles on his R after he got the head rebuilt and then the wastegate mechanism failed and now VW wants $3800 for a new turbo...

midcow3

Established Member
Yup. I'm one of I think 4 guys now who have money shifted their R's. Another guy (bad_luck) on Vortex put 500 miles on his R after he got the head rebuilt and then the wastegate mechanism failed and now VW wants $3800 for a new turbo...

Sorry, hope you Golf R works out okay from now on! I had a Golf R on order as a contingency in case I couldn't get a RS; but my RS is coming through at MSRP

RS can be found at MSRP if you contact enough dealers; seems some regional areas are trying to add substantial ADM still.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
I'm sick and tired of this mark up bulls*** with every desirable performance car that comes out. I'll wait until I can get some kind of a deal. If that doesn't happen, then I won't be getting one. I got my 2014 Shelby for under sticker, I have no doubt that I'd be able to get an RS for under sticker eventually.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Depends on where you live and if you have a relationship with a dealer. I paid invoice for my Hellcat and under MSRP for my GT350 and RS. Need to look at small rural dealers. Big markets have a lot of demand and a lot of disposable income. Its just life.....Steve

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I just went to a local dealer and was offered one for a bit under msrp. Only extra is tax and license.

So damn tempting.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Depends on where you live and if you have a relationship with a dealer. I paid invoice for my Hellcat and under MSRP for my GT350 and RS. Need to look at small rural dealers. Big markets have a lot of demand and a lot of disposable income. Its just life.....Steve

My thought as well. There is a high volume dealer in my area that always has the special editions and always has a decent markup on them. $15k over on the Thunderbird, $30k over on the GT500KR. But there are MANY smaller dealerships in the area that would probably give you a much better deal just to get in on the action.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
Dealership in Kansas was going to give me a MSRP deal but I could not change the car from the way they ordered it, and (in my opinion) they ****ed it up. Options weren't right for me so I'm sticking with my EBM order.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
No exaggeration, I called about 43 dealers, starting closest to me and branching out before I finally found a dealer with an allocation available, and willing to sell at MSRP. I told them up front I wasn't going to pay an ADM but that I would put a deposit down right now if they sold at MSRP. They are out there, you just have to spend the time looking and be willing to travel a little.

Users who are viewing this thread