All the Divorced dudes in here, how did you know your wife was not the "one"?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Well the real question should be, did ye divorced people know your spouses long before you were married?
Usually that's a factor, but not always.
My hubby asked me to marry him 4 days after we met. Seven months after that, we were married and this past November was 10 years with no end in site. :beer:
Guess I'm the perfect wife. :-D :D

ssssnake

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Usually that's a factor, but not always.
My hubby asked me to marry him 4 days after we met. Seven months after that, we were married and this past November was 10 years with no end in site. :beer:
Guess I'm the perfect wife. :-D :D

Well, ya beat me Tracy! He proposed 2 months after we started dating and we got married 4 months later. This April - 30 years. We must be good, huh? :beer:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
thats great you two
:beer: :beer: to the both of you
wish i could find someone i could stand for 4 days nevermind ask her to marry me after 4

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
All the Divorced dudes in here, how did you know your wife was not the "one"?

<--------Happily married

Well my friend .....if you have to ask complete strangers on the internet this question, then she may not be the right one for yah ;-) :beer:

Last edited:

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
heres my thoughts on this.

If you know its coming DO NOT LET HER GO FIRST!!.

You start the proceedings. You make the first move. If the cars are in your name, you legally can sell em. Sell em to a brother,father, friend. make sure you can buy her out of the mortgage or sell her your half. cancel all joint card, checking accounts. pull anything you can out of your 401K. and hide it under a matress. I have seen and heard of all lot of guys getting screwed over.

do a search on divorce dads and such and read the good info, on how tro screw her back.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by SVTman74
heres my thoughts on this.

If you know its coming DO NOT LET HER GO FIRST!!.

You start the proceedings. You make the first move. If the cars are in your name, you legally can sell em. Sell em to a brother,father, friend. make sure you can buy her out of the mortgage or sell her your half. cancel all joint card, checking accounts. pull anything you can out of your 401K. and hide it under a matress. I have seen and heard of all lot of guys getting screwed over.

do a search on divorce dads and such and read the good info, on how tro screw her back.

or put your thought and effort into assuring you don't enter a divorce-prone marriage...:shrug:

Originally posted by ssssnake
Well, ya beat me Tracy! He proposed 2 months after we started dating and we got married 4 months later. This April - 30 years. We must be good, huh? :beer:

Damn! You have been married 10 years longer than I have been alive! :D :D :D :D :D

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
or put your thought and effort into assuring you don't enter a divorce-prone marriage...:shrug:

Dont get me wrong I am happily married, I just know a few guys that got screwed. I.E> My uncle. She became a alki. It all went down hill after thier kid was born. and they where married for like 10 years prior.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I've just seen WAY too many of my friends get royally screwed in divorces. The man always loses everything.

I have another friend getting a divorce and he's going to lose his $400K house, most of his 401K, and he's got to pay "cost of living" expenses to his ex to maintain her lifestyle. She hasn't worked in 16 years and never will.

Meanwhile, he's living in a sh!ithole apartment and barely can pay the rent. This is in spite of the fact that he owns his own business and clears over $150K per year. Most of it goes to his wife.

This is why I never, never, never, never, never will get married. Never, EVER! It's too great a risk and isn't worth it. :nonono:

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Originally posted by NyteByte
I've just seen WAY too many of my friends get royally screwed in divorces. The man always loses everything.

I have another friend getting a divorce and he's going to lose his $400K house, most of his 401K, and he's got to pay "cost of living" expenses to his ex to maintain her lifestyle. She hasn't worked in 16 years and never will.

Meanwhile, he's living in a sh!ithole apartment and barely can pay the rent. This is in spite of the fact that he owns his own business and clears over $150K per year. Most of it goes to his wife.

This is why I never, never, never, never, never will get married. Never, EVER! It's too great a risk and isn't worth it. :nonono:

OUCH! I'm gonna pretend I didnt just read that!

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Can you say "Pre Nup"???

I agree but for the guys that build their life with their spouse they aren't thinking about that. You have to remember most of the laws that are in effect today where written or rewritten in the '50's and '60's to help women of that time. However, life has changed dramatically and so has woman's role in society so guys really get screwed. I don't agree with anyone in a marriage getting sole custody of a house or other property. If you can't buy your soon to be ex-spouse's half of some property you should both have to sell and split the profit. And having to
pay alimony is a freaking joke, it's her fault if she didn't get off her ass and pick up a skill. Regardless if she didn't need the money or her husband "made" her not work. Okay, I'll get off my box now.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Thats what I told my girlfriend before we got engaged. Lets drive down to Ohio and you sign the prenuptial agreement.

Well I guess its not really necessary, been together 7 years, she never asks for any money or gifts.

But when her parents said they would pick up the whole tab for the wedding I didnt press for the pre nup.

BTW my mother has been divorced 3 times, engaged 5 times now, and maybe married 4 times?? Hell I dont know maybe only 3 times, I dont talk to her much. She acts like a complete and utter dumbass when around guys. Seen some crazy sh!t when she gets divorced thats for sure.

I told my fiancee, everything that is mine is still mine when we get married and IF we ever get divorced everything is still mine. I hope she understands because if anyone tries taking anything of mine, it will get real, ugly real quick.

Disclaimer: I dont intend on getting divorced. I waited till I found the right one, I just seen too much stuff from my mother and her "boyfriends".

I just dont want to get screwed if we do ever decide to get divorced.

:beer:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by ssssnake

yea but 30 years ago you ladies werent such whackadoos:eek:

I've all but written off getting married. Dating has just about kicked my ass. If I find that magic PERFECT woman I might..........with a prenup:uh oh:.........Then again, I may import me a russian chick with a contract, and if her boobs are big enough........ :)

Users who are viewing this thread