Allocation/Order

Lexie Dobe

My dealer has allocation and is ordering today.
What documents should I request from the order through the delivery process to confirm I in fact have a car coming?
Thanks for your help!

10fore

Established Member
CONCEPS/DORA screenshot or printout, though the dealer may be reluctant to give that up. At the very least the confirmed order number and then have your sales person just send over screenshots of the vehicle visibility on FMCDealer.

Lexie Dobe

CONCEPS/DORA screenshot or printout, though the dealer may be reluctant to give that up. At the very least the confirmed order number and then have your sales person just send over screenshots of the vehicle visibility on FMCDealer.

Thanks 10fore!

gravedgr

Established Member

That's what people often refer to as the "visibility report", right? Any reason a dealer would be reluctant to share that?

Helmet

Established Member
What documents should I request from the order through the delivery process to confirm I in fact have a car coming?
Thanks for your help!

Did you get to select the options or are you buying what the dealer has ordered?

10fore

Established Member
That's what people often refer to as the "visibility report", right? Any reason a dealer would be reluctant to share that?
There shouldn't be any reason why a dealer would not want to share that piece of information. I share send it over at least once a week to my customers.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just a DORA, then weekly updates on the Vehicle Visibility screenshot.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Nick,
Are the Shelby and other SVT customers the only people that ask for this information?
My dealer sent me updates whenever they occurred, at least once a week and on the day I picked up the car he printed out the entire VVR history and gave it to me with my other paperwork. I really appreciated him doing this for me and it is a great addition to the collection of posters, brochures and other memorability I have collected.

Anyone planning on doing this should get the full VVR history printed out on the day the car arrives at the dealership. The VVR has a very limited access window and the dealer only has a short time to access it after the car is delivered.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick,
Are the Shelby and other SVT customers the only people that ask for this information?
My dealer sent me updates whenever they occurred, at least once a week and on the day I picked up the car he printed out the entire VVR history and gave it to me with my other paperwork. I really appreciated him doing this for me and it is a great addition to the collection of posters, brochures and other memorability I have collected.

Anyone planning on doing this should get the full VVR history printed out on the day the car arrives at the dealership. The VVR has a very limited access window and the dealer only has a short time to access it after the car is delivered.
Yes. Customers don't typically ask for them on regular orders. We do email VV every Friday when it's updated though.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Thanks for your help!
Congrats on your order, Lexie Dobe! I'm happy to track it for you. Be sure to PM me with your dealer's name and order number.

Only if they have something to hide. The VVR will tell you actual status of your order.
They may be reluctant, because it is a Ford system for which you need credentials to log into it; therefore it’s not to be shared with the public. It’s really up to the selling dealer. Not necessarily because there’s “something to hide,” guys.

Deysha

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They may be reluctant, because it is a Ford system for which you need credentials to log into it; therefore it’s not to be shared with the public. It’s really up to the selling dealer. Not necessarily because there’s “something to hide,” guys.

Deysha
I don't ever give out my log in information; just screenshots.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
I don't ever give out my log in information; just screenshots.
I didn’t mean you share the login info, 13COBRA. I meant, since we have to use our credentials to log into it, most dealers don’t screenshot it or feel uneasy about doing it. Not because they have something to hide. I know you guys help wherever you can.

Deysha

gravedgr

Established Member
Is there any point in getting the VVR screenshot prior to an order being taken up for processing and a VIN being issued? I'm assuming not.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is there any point in getting the VVR screenshot prior to an order being taken up for processing and a VIN being issued? I'm assuming not.
Correct. It'll just show Material Hold, as of whatever day you ordered it.

Users who are viewing this thread