almost finished with my current project

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
coming from an explorer with a 3.5 cuft ported box and two 12" L7's ive always wanted to build this box since i got the lightning. .75 cubes per sub behind the seats just never cut it for me. so about a month ago i bought a seat pan and cut my stock pass seat into a bucket and recovered my driver seat with a new cover from ford my brother got me almost two years ago. i dont have that much experience working with wood/building boxes so dont rag on me too much. the design came out just how i wanted it to but since i suck at measuring and cutting wood ill have to glass the inside, wood glue wasnt enough for some of the gaps. ill glass the inside tomorrow and swing by a shop to have it wrapped in some material. im not exactly sure what im going to go with yet but i was thinking of a couple different ideas. i can go micro suede, leather, or microfiber all with an 1/4'' foam backing for a little more plush feel......either all black or all gray or black on bottom and gray on top where it slants up, what do you guys think?

SDC13800.jpg

SDC13803.jpg

1220091626-00.jpg

1220091625-00.jpg

before i even measured anything inside the truck i knew i wanted both subs to be upfiring. one was gonna be right up againt the dash and the other on top of the box just under the rear sliding window, which would have looked sick but the top sub would have been peeking right through the windshield and just asking for someone to break in and take it. so i ended up putting the second sub on the rear of the box and shortened the whole box 1 1/2 inches to give it some more breathing room, there is about 3 1/2 inches inbetween the cone and the rear wall of the cab now. i built the box with SPL in mind, i wanted as much airspace as i could get for each sub. otherwise i would have made the angle on top a little lower towards the rear.

caveman954

Established Member
hey sweet,where did you get the seat pan? did you have any stitch work done to your seat? Bring it by the towers..

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
i dont know where he got a seat pan, but if you contact melman (thats his username) he can find one for you, if he doesnt have one in stock as it is

Users who are viewing this thread