Almost stalling on throttle tip-in

ncarter124

Established Member
51xx miles, bone stock (gosh I can't imagine why I fear modding this POS) and now on top of my rattling tranny and/or throw-out bearing, iffy shifting on occasion and then the blower motor refusing to go to the floor every few days, now it is almost stalling out when you start it and then touch the gas. It does it every time, good fuel, etc. Thoughts? Once it 'clears it's throat' (sputters and almost stalls 2 or 3 times) it runs perfectly fine, just that initial startup. I have a feeling that if I just don't touch the throttle for the first 10 seconds it will be fine, but I refuse to have this behavior on a car with an MSRP flirting with 40 grand. NO new car should run this badly. Is the tuning that horrible on these cars? I'm calling the shop tomorrow and then looking to trade it in, just curious if anyone has any experience with this.
/rant

ncarter124

Established Member
why don't you take it back to dealer and get it fix under warranty

u would have to think, to do that lol.

Let me correct. "I'm calling the DEALERSHIP tomorrow and then looking to trade it in, just curious if anyone has any experience with this.

Edit: Just submitted an online service request instead. Thanks for suggesting I contact the dealership where I just bought the car from, I would have NEVER thought of that.:bash:

Now I get to learn what being a Ford owner is like, sending your car to the shop over and over just to keep it functioning. Lol. ;-)

Last edited:

nocobrafornow

Established Member
look man just because there are some guys out there having issues doesn't mean they all are. and trading in a car you just bought because of an issue you haven't let the dealer look at yet is dumb. my 11 gt has 7200 miles no issues at all but i also have an auto. not saying this to insult anyone but for those that bought a manual car even after all the clutch and other trans issues, then you kinda ask for it. thats why i bought an auto and there are several who traded the manual in for an auto. but at the same time alot of guys keep buying them and they work perfect so it's a crap shoot. to the op, just let dealer look at it and see what happens, sometime stuff happens.

Last edited:

ncarter124

Established Member
look man just because there are some guys out there having issues doesn't mean they all are. and trading in a car you just bought because of an issue you haven't let the dealer look at yet is dumb. my 11 gt has 7200 miles no issues at all but i also have an auto. not saying this to insult anyone but for those that bought a manual car even after all the clutch and other trans issues, then you kinda ask for it. thats why i bought an auto and there are several who traded the manual in for an auto. but at the same time alot of guys keep buying them and they work perfect so it's a crap shoot. to the op, just let dealer look at it and see what happens, sometime stuff happens.

It's 3 issues so far and it's just a few months old... and two of those three aren't related to the transmission. I expected transmission issues going in but now it's literally not running correctly and having HVAC issues. I've had cars with over 100k miles on them working better than this. It's a joke. I'm taking it in obviously (because I couldn't come up with that logical troubleshooting step by myself apparently) but I am already sick of this car. Yeah it's quick and yeah it gets looks and complements, but it's just not worth owning IMO.

Last edited:

ncarter124

Established Member
ok i understand, but i hope you can get these problems fixed so you CAN enjoy the car. best of luck.

Thanks, I do too. Right now I am Vette shopping lol. I'll keep everyone posted but knowing Ford I am expecting "That's normal" and "We couldn't duplicate the issue" for all of it but I got it the stalling issue on video so at least I can prove that. The clunking is bordering on loud since my friend was laughing at it every time I shifted... really loving this car hahaha.

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
It's the dealer's job to get the car to a condition that you're happy with. It's your job to ride them until they do so.

The minute my car did something that it didn't do the day I drove it off the lot, I would be on the phone with the dealer either setting up an appointment to bring it in or simply driving straight to them to have whatever it is looked at.

Now, that said, have you noticed any check engine light activity or anything on the dash indicating the engine isn't happy? Checked for any codes?

chuckstang

Established Member
hmmmm
WEll with mine, when I start it up after say sitting at work all day and then just try to drive it away without letting it sit their idling for a bit, the car will buck and surge and almost feel like its going to stall. Not sure if its the same thing but caught my attention none the less. goes away though after a min or so

ncarter124

Established Member
It's the dealer's job to get the car to a condition that you're happy with. It's your job to ride them until they do so.

The minute my car did something that it didn't do the day I drove it off the lot, I would be on the phone with the dealer either setting up an appointment to bring it in or simply driving straight to them to have whatever it is looked at.

Now, that said, have you noticed any check engine light activity or anything on the dash indicating the engine isn't happy? Checked for any codes?

I completely agree. I am hoping they can get it in Saturday so they can have a look at it. What baffles me is that it can do this regardless of how long (or short in this case) the car has been sitting, but after it gets over its first few seconds of PMS it runs like a raped ape. WOT, any gear, throttle blips, you name it, after those first few seconds you cannot make that engine stammer for a split-second. I'm guessing it will be an ECU flash but I am no mechanic.
Nah, no CEL, oil pressure, temp, volts are all right on the money. I haven't checked for codes because it just started doing this tonight. Believe me I am acting on this as quickly as I can. :)

Last edited:

ncarter124

Established Member
hmmmm
WEll with mine, when I start it up after say sitting at work all day and then just try to drive it away without letting it sit their idling for a bit, the car will buck and surge and almost feel like its going to stall. Not sure if its the same thing but caught my attention none the less. goes away though after a min or so

Mine does that too to a point, and I attribute that to the ECU running it rich since it's on cold idle (closed loop). I am not saying that is excusable but I can at least make sense of that behavior. This happens every single time you start it, even if it's been sitting for 60 seconds.

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Sounds like you got the friday car. I haven't had one problem with my car and I'm actually very impressed with mine. We all know the Chinese 6speed in these cars are garbage. Trade it in for an auto.

51xx miles, bone stock (gosh I can't imagine why I fear modding this POS) and now on top of my rattling tranny and/or throw-out bearing, iffy shifting on occasion and then the blower motor refusing to go to the floor every few days, now it is almost stalling out when you start it and then touch the gas. It does it every time, good fuel, etc. Thoughts? Once it 'clears it's throat' (sputters and almost stalls 2 or 3 times) it runs perfectly fine, just that initial startup. I have a feeling that if I just don't touch the throttle for the first 10 seconds it will be fine, but I refuse to have this behavior on a car with an MSRP flirting with 40 grand. NO new car should run this badly. Is the tuning that horrible on these cars? I'm calling the shop tomorrow and then looking to trade it in, just curious if anyone has any experience with this.
/rant

FastRedPonyCar