ALMOST!!

inVision

Established Member
Hey guys thanks for your help in pointing me to finding a Mach 1. Looks like I may be getting mine from Galpin Ford soon. I wasn't really planning on this at all, I just wanted a daily driver but they are giving me an awesome deal. I will have a Mach 1 for the weekdays and a 00 R for weekends.

I see some of you are having tranny problems - have they all been repaired under warranty??

How do you like the stereo system?

How do you like the wheels/tires? I love the look of the wheels but am concerned the tires are a little too skinny. Anyone able to maintain stock look but with wider or better tires? I'm not looking to spend thousands either...

Has anyone driven in the rain? Any issues with the shaker?

This seems to be a cool group just like the R forum.

Later,
Mike

Zate

Established Member
no issues with the shaker.. Ford hasnt been ultra helpful with the gear issues either.. but then i am not stock.. lol

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by inVision
Hey guys thanks for your help in pointing me to finding a Mach 1. Looks like I may be getting mine from Galpin Ford soon. I wasn't really planning on this at all, I just wanted a daily driver but they are giving me an awesome deal. I will have a Mach 1 for the weekdays and a 00 R for weekends.

I see some of you are having tranny problems - have they all been repaired under warranty??

How do you like the stereo system?

How do you like the wheels/tires? I love the look of the wheels but am concerned the tires are a little too skinny. Anyone able to maintain stock look but with wider or better tires? I'm not looking to spend thousands either...

Has anyone driven in the rain? Any issues with the shaker?

This seems to be a cool group just like the R forum.

Later,
Mike

No tranny issues with mine...I don't consider the cold 1-2 shift an "issue"

Stereo is good for a factory setup...

I kept the stock wheels (for now) but went with Nitto 555Rs all around...275/40s in back--245/45s up front--they handle much better...I'm sure I will prob change wheels later...

No shaker issues at all...

I love this f'ing car:beer:

N20D5OH

Established Member
I haven't had any tranny problems at all. The tires are a little skinny but I'm putting some DR's on it here soon. As for the Stereo, it's the same I had in my last car and it'll do. I don't need 1000 watts and huge bass, just clear music. No problems with the Shaker in the rain either, living in this area it's been tested out plenty of times. Good luck with your purchase though. :)

serpico

Established Member
this is a replacement for my 01 cobra that died and i love it. i got the black one so the stealth factor is great. no issues with the shaker and have been through many storms. i bought the car with 6 miles on it and at first i did miss the 2-3 shift and a little problem with the clunk on 1-2 shift. i now have about a 1000 miles and the shifting has smoothed out and the 2-3 shift is fine
( i have not even installed my triax yet ). i can't say enough about this car as it is much more fun to drive than my 01.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
Love the car

The only issue I have had with my zinc yellow Mach 1 is the decals on the doors have been set a little high and they are starting to roll down. The3 dealer has ordered me a new set:)

Fred

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
Hi,

I had a tranny problem and all work was completed under warranty. I still have a small leak somewhere, they know about it and they check the fluid level each oil change.

The stereo is just fine to me.

I went with 275/40's (KDW) on the stock rim. No problems so far but I have learned I am probably pushing the limit.

No problems with rain at all.

I bought this car to be a weekend car and it has pretty much turned into a daily driver. Over 14,000 miles since 12/05/2002 :-D

Users who are viewing this thread