aloooot of dtc codes after bolt on install

red gt500

Established Member
I have installed full bolt ons to my 5.0(jlt intake..kooks headers and x and lund tune) and after downloading the tune the car started with no problem but after 5 minutes it started to jerk and shuts off it gave me
a(p0320,,p0344,,p0349,,p0390,,p0394,,p0365,,p0369) wtf !! first of I thught it was the tune so I returned the stock intake and tuned it back to stock and started it ...same problem happening and same codes are showing
its all related to the cam shaft sensors we have checked the alternator and battery its good 13.9-14.2 v,,check all of the cam sensors ,,and all harness
its all seems to be good
I don't know what's the problem and why it showed up
I wish that the 5.0 came with a carb and a distributor it would be much easier :D

clinton2003

Established Member
did you, or is it possible to switch the intake and exhaust cam sensors? or maybe pulled out a wire from the sensor plug, so its not reading it?

red gt500

Established Member
PROBLEM FIXED !

it was from the mmr head cooling kit when I installed it I didn't know that there was a fuel line in the way so the fuel line was pinched somehow
got that out of the way and than installed the mmr head cooling
every thing is ok now

that's a heads up for you guys if you are installing the mmr head cooling kit make sure you get the fuel line out of the way first because its tight fit

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
How was the install on the head cooling mod? Did you have to get all into the rear firewall and bend/scratch things up or was it an easy uneventful install?

red gt500

Established Member
How was the install on the head cooling mod? Did you have to get all into the rear firewall and bend/scratch things up or was it an easy uneventful install?

it wasn't easy at all you need to have really small hand to get it inside the rear firewall and install it at the back of the head take out the stock freeze plug and install the mmr cooling mod and you well scratch your hand on the way out :D

but its worth it if you are going force induction

Coyote414

Established Member
P0344, P0349, and P0369 just popped up on me out of nowhere, anybody have experience with this? The only thing ive tamperwd with recently is the intake elbow on the paxton and the drivers side breather -_-

Users who are viewing this thread