alright guys dont laugh does anyone make drag radials for 20s

svtowner

Single Turbo
Established Member
like the tittle says does anyone make drag radials for 20s, i have searched all over i cant find nuttin the help would be appreciated

whitestang04GT

I Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
A 20 inch rim is "Absolutely" worthless for traction.....It wouldn't mater if it was 20" wide for that matter.......REAL mustangs don't have 20" wheels!!!! Join the RICE board if you want to discuss 20's

203Cree

Established Member
whitestang04GT said:
A 20 inch rim is "Absolutely" worthless for traction.....It wouldn't mater if it was 20" wide for that matter.......REAL mustangs don't have 20" wheels!!!! Join the RICE board if you want to discuss 20's

Why are you tellin the guy real Mustangs don't have 20's in the L forum??? :shrug:

Just get some for your stockers, unless you bought the truck with out them.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
whitestang04GT said:

this is the lightning forum... most of the people in here run 20's on the truck...

but no they dont make a 20 drag radial...

the only thing we have for drag radials is the nittos in the 18's

svtowner

Single Turbo
Established Member
whitestang04GT said:

first of all its for my lightning second arent you in the wrong forum

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
whitestang04GT said:

Is it for a mustang?I agree....Mustangs should not have 20 inch wheels.But lightnings look good with them...

whitestang04GT

I Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
My bad......All these wannabee's running aroung with 20's lately just got me rowed up......My bad....20's are still worthless for traction

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
whitestang04GT said:
My bad......All these wannabee's running aroung with 20's lately just got me rowed up......My bad....20's are still worthless for traction

yeah... wannabees... i dont really see how that phraseology makes sense but whatever.

and to answer the question once again, 18's are the biggest i know of.

203Cree

Established Member
whitestang04GT said:

Wannabe What? Maybe they just want their car/truck to look nicer. Not everyone builds these things for the strip. A lot of us have dedicated race cars and just like having a nice looking, fast, reliable street vehicle. Don't be so fast to judge someone.

Remember Kids! There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people!

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Not to get off the subject,but I find that my truck hooks up better and spins less with the 20 than 18inch wheels.

203Cree

Established Member
brucewrs said:
Not to get off the subject,but I find that my truck hooks up better and spins less with the 20 than 18inch wheels.

That makes sense, since the bigger wheels effectively reduce the final drive ratio.

svtowner

Single Turbo
Established Member
whitestang04GT said:

hope this makes you feel better here is my cobra with 18's
799934_1_full.jpg

whitestang04GT

I Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
Yeah....The bigger the wheel & tire combo the more RWHP you loose, so yeah they hook better because your not putting down as much horsepower to break them loose....

203Cree

Established Member
whitestang04GT said:
Yeah....The bigger the wheel & tire combo the more RWHP you loose, so yeah they hook better because your not putting down as much horsepower to break them loose....

How would a bigger tire make you lose hp? As I stated above, all it does is reduce your final drive ratio. Go back to the mustang boards.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
203Cree said:
How would a bigger tire make you lose hp? As I stated above, all it does is reduce your final drive ratio. Go back to the mustang boards.

actully it doesnt unless you change the tire hight. WHAT it does do is add rotaional mass, further away from the centerline of the axle which kills power alot more then people think.

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
Lightnings w/ 20's look PIMP. I have only seen up to 18" for DR's also. My buddy runs BFG DR's on his 18" rims and they work pretty well. Get some 17 or 18" rims and use them for the track.

whitestang04GT said:

What a fu@kin tool!! :loser:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
brucewrs said:

I just rather take off than just sit and spin...

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
whitestang04GT said:
newbie4-vi.jpg

svtowner

Single Turbo
Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:
Lightnings w/ 20's look PIMP. I have only seen up to 18" for DR's also. My buddy runs BFG DR's on his 18" rims and they work pretty well. Get some 17 or 18" rims and use them for the track.

What a fu@kin tool!! :loser:

i have some slicks for the track but i just wanted something better for the street in case some gts decided to race

Users who are viewing this thread