Alright guys, what do you think I should do with the Cobra?

What should I do?

• Keep the Cobra and keep modding it!

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Buy the Vette, you'll be happier

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
Here's the deal guys, I've had my 03 Cobra for a little while now and while it's great and everything I'm just not feeling it anymore. So I'm thinking on selling it and buying a C5 ZO6. I got to drive on and they're amazing and light on their feet.

Then I started to poke around and see if the vette was capable of anything besides spray, to my surprise I find this: http://www.turbochargedpower.com/Corvette.htm

A twin-turbo vette with a built block is definetly a project I could get into. But I decided to ask the incredibly biased people of SVTP to see what they think I should do. Please give some justification for your answer in your reply.

Edit: Also, I don't like to just drag race my car, I am a fan of AutoX.

Last edited:

tscripa

I am a former Vette owner and I still love them. I am planning on a C6 Z06 in about a year and I see no fault in someone wanting to go this direction. I bought my Cobra because I wanted a 4 seat high-performance convertible, and for this the 03-04 Cobras are the sh*t.

The Vettes and Cobras are different cars and they are both awesome depending upon what you want - I don't compare them as an either/or proposition. Cobra vs Camaro / GTO/ Charger - that's a different story. The Terminator rules supreme here.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
if you go with Twin Turbo on a built LS6, you'll blow away almost every Cobra that I know of, including the 700+ hp TT Terminators.. (because it's lighter, the Z06 that is) but no matter which way you go, you'll have an awesome car..

tazzracing1

Established Member
I would go with the one that is going to satisfy you the most. I like the vettes also but due to no rear seat I don't have one had a chance for a z06 this summer had to pass. I agree they are both awesome in their different ways.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I'm keeping the Cobra and will be buying a C6 ZO6 as soon as I find one in the low to mid 50's, USED.

supercobra506

NINJA
Established Member
so, i think the new z06 is bad ass. as is the cobra, but considering you can get 2 cobras for the price of a z06. whats the point? that and everybody is into modding, so you should know everything you do to the engine is going to cost you somewhere else too. so i really didnt think the corvettes chassis will hold 790hp so all the weight that youre saving is going to a roll cage and all other kinds of subframe connectors. then to the tranny, its on a vette so thats going to cost you. not worth it in my opinion.

Cobraing

Trumpet of Torque
Established Member
Thanks guys, I decided on keeping the Cobra and doing a stroker 5.0 with twin turbos

Last edited:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I rode in an 03 Z06 not too long ago. It had about 40K on the clock. At 75 mph, you couldn't even carry on a conversation in the car. It was that noisy. You had to damn near yell to be heard. I was told the regular 'vette isn't as bad. But that car was horrible. Still, it was a very nice handling car. It definitely went where you pointed it.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I almost bought a z0-6 a couple months ago.....great car but I needed rear seats so a Cobra was the perfecr choice for me.

cobra12003

Established Member
'Which one would be faster?'
My young son asks me every time we take the Cobra for a ride around town.
And I say ? 'So what if I have the 2nd fastest car in town!'

sbrook15

Established Member
phillySVT said:
I almost bought a z0-6 a couple months ago.....great car but I needed rear seats so a Cobra was the perfecr choice for me.
gotta have somewhere to throw the beer cans. :beer:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
cobra12003 said:
'Which one would be faster?'
My young son asks me every time we take the Cobra for a ride around town.
And I say ? 'So what if I have the 2nd fastest car in town!'

There is no doubt my car was quicker than that 03 Z06. Maybe not faster...but it was sure quicker.

98tacoma

Banned
I voted to get the Z06. I would have bought an '02+ but they're still high 20's at best, and most were in the 30's and up. So I went with the '04 Cobra, which I got for low 20's. It simply came down to price for me.

Some guy on here as a wicked silver Z06 with HRE wheels, lowered, tinted windows that almost dropped my jaw.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread