alright im back with more engine problems

Honorable_kaiser

Established Member
alright so i got my car to start after a lot of trial and error with spark and a bad tps/connecter. i have a ect high circuit input i also have a miss engine is shaking a lot and if i rev it backfires pretty bad only codes are p1000 and i can't remember the code for the sensor. also, some more info before i replaced the tps engine was running lean and throwing about 20% more fuel in now it doesn't have the lean codes but is still not throwing the proper amount of fuel so im a little stumped.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
Can you provide the current DTC's & short/long term fuel trim % data, also curious to know the voltage of the upstream o2's

The TPS was a band-aid, your car was running rich(it didn't know) and still is which is why it's backfiring, there's a few likely causes for this but generally a dead miss is going to be a fuel delivery issue or spark related

There's a dozen different things that could go wrong to cause this so I don't want to throw out guesses, the important thing is to find direction so you don't end up replacing half the car over an injector that's stuck open

Honorable_kaiser

Established Member
Can you provide the current DTC's & short/long term fuel trim % data, also curious to know the voltage of the upstream o2's

The TPS was a band-aid, your car was running rich(it didn't know) and still is which is why it's backfiring, there's a few likely causes for this but generally a dead miss is going to be a fuel delivery issue or spark related

There's a dozen different things that could go wrong to cause this so I don't want to throw out guesses, the important thing is to find direction so you don't end up replacing half the car over an injector that's stuck open
well i can get a ect dtc to ya soon but the other one is a p1000 those are the only 2 codes it does not show any short term or long term fuel trims just reads 0.00 and i can get the upstream 02 to ya soon car is currently 30 miles from me

Users who are viewing this thread