alright, the resto work has begun...

01SVT2894

Established Member
alright, here's the deal... had a 2001 Cobra... sold it... now i have a 1993 Cobra... it needs work. it's got 170k on the clock. i picked it up last night and have already started taking care of business. i don't want to clog up the site... so i'll post a couple pics... and hopefully you guys will check out the rest of the pics on my personal site. Here we go...

http://www.cobra-dan.com/archive93cobra.html

93cobra15.jpg

93cobra20.jpg

93cobra23.jpg

93cobra30.jpg

93cobra46.jpg

i have several parts on order and few items already replaced on the car.
oh, i know the wheels are on the wrong side of the car... the damn thing has directional tires on it... so i need to get it to a shop and have the tires switched over so i can swap the wheels to the correct side. :nono:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Thats how you get the value out of a car...Drive the shit out of it. Letting them sit only loses you $$. Fun project you have going there.

01SVT2894

Established Member
the majority of the problems are just restoring the interior and a few odd and end pieces under the hood. The paint, well, that needs a professional, obviously. But that won't seem so bad when the rest of the car is finished.

buddha93

Established Member
Wow. Ya, it's looks like it could use some TLC. I really like the duct tape on the arm rest......LOL!

Are you going to recover the seats to stock, or something aftermarket. I had really good luck redoing mine a few years ago. The only problem that I ran into was the correct Opal Gray. I had them send me samples and got as close to OEM as possible.

01SVT2894

Established Member
Man I thought I had fixed some rough cars, but I am sure it will be awesome when your done with it!
overall, this one may be the biggest undertaking i've vowed to tackle. but yeah, one day (i am on a budget) it'll be like brand new. :rockon:
the engine bay has got me going :uh oh:

it looks way better now... i'm still working on it though. dirt gets into some tough places.

Users who are viewing this thread