Alternative Auto in Michigan

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Will be doing a pulley and custom tune in a few weeks and was considering bringing my car down to Lideo at Alternative Auto. I've heard tons of good things about him up here in Canada. Has anyone had any experiences there?

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Not sure they never called me back about the work i wanted done

left a msg with a person working they said they would call back later that day or the next day

i heard there work is G$$D also but i would not know as the did not ever call me back

outlw

Established Member
they did work on my 94 cobra messed it up gave them my 99 cobra and they *ucked it up... So I say no way... I would pass on that one.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Hy_Dro
...snip... Has anyone had any experiences there?

I tried to buy some parts from them that they had in stock, they refused to sell. Caused me to have to overnight them instead of pick up local.:kaboom: :loser:

A good friendly shop in Michigan is DynoDaves http://www.dyno-dave.com/

Last edited:

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
What is it that they f**ked up?? Was it an install or tune? I've been told him custom tuning capabilities are top notch.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I have been there twice. Everything he's done has been top notch. I've also heard great things about his tuning skills, very safe. They will be doing my tuning when I am ready. Also, they weld a bung in your exhaust for A/F tuning, which I would think is much better than using a sniffer.

I will admit it can take a while for them to call back. It always seems like lidio is busy. Also, it took me 3 weeks to get in there each time, both times in the middle of winter. So yeah, they seem to have more business than they can handle.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Originally posted by 03gobluecobra
Also, they weld a bung in your exhaust for A/F tuning, which I would think is much better than using a sniffer.

I read on there site they did this. whats wrong with using the rear o2 's

just seems like an other way to make a buck

i know the defence on this would be if you have a cated mid pipe it might not read as well

if its not reading right after the cat then there is a chance your cats are hurt and need replaced or removed

i called them because i had heard good things about them

they area good shop

i just cant beg them to work on my car

seems to be hit or miss... i think all shops can be this way though

FKing1

Established Member
Tuner

I'm sure this suggestion will bring the critics and flamers out of the woodwork, but, Livernois Motorsports is a good source. They did alot of mods for me and I am satisfied with their work and the car performs great.
Fred K.
:burn: :burn:

Users who are viewing this thread